It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't think Yahoo and Google are a part of it? Think again

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Conspiracy theorists: Feds, web hosts conspire against us

Mark Baard
The Register
Thursday, March 29, 2007

When Alan Watt's website Cutting Through the Matrix went offline in February, he knew it was because someone "at the top" decided he was getting too close to the truth.

Watt is one of several "esoteric researchers" (call them conspiracy theorists) who believe Big Brother is telling Yahoo!, Google, and other companies which websites get to stay up, and which come down.

"I am certain of it," said Watt, a researcher studying the role secret societies play in global events.

Yahoo!'s web hosting division, which provides services to Cutting Through, pulled the site without explanation after Watt posted an audio "blurb" about the CIA's links to drug traffickers and the 1980s crack epidemic in Los Angeles, he said.

Yahoo! lifted the suspension, again without explanation, about three days later, according to Watt.

It may not be the worst thing Big Brother has done to Watt: Paramilitary forces once plunked a phosphorous grenade down his chimney, he claims.

But there are many other Anti-Masons and 9/11 truthers claiming that sinister forces and the internet's big boys are de-indexing and suspending sites that threaten to expose the global ruling elite.

It sounds loopy, but the allegations - from the webmasters of sites such as Prison Planet and the Illuminati Conspiracy Archive - have persisted since late last year.
Yeah, the search engines are getting involved.

I guess it's only a matter of time until the internet will be like television. Feeding us only the garbage that the federal government wants us to see and hear. What is really pathetic is that the search engines like Yahoo and Google are going along with it.

I really don't know what can be done about this. These engines are pretty self sufficient and maintained. I don't think they receive any monetary donations or anything like that. So people can't really quit funding them because the people don't fund them to begin with. I don't think?
Maybe someone who nows more about it can tell us.

I don't really agree with the Anti-Masonic tripe in this article, but I do think these search engines are working in cahoots with the federal government.

Anyway, what should be done about this?

[edit on 29-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
dawn yahoo and google are soo mafia
they know like eveything on the net and probably get orders from others....

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
dawn yahoo and google are soo mafia
they know like eveything on the net and probably get orders from others....

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Firefox isn't the next one to fall in line. It's really pathetic that there are so many who invest so much interest in keeping people in the dark.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
that just makes me mad trying to keep us from the truth
first the government is probably telling them what to do thats for sure
and then if u think of it some things are maybe better left untold...
like if there was a small nuclear danger and if they tell on national tv there will be mass panic and all that.
not to mention how the people will react about aliens
well firefox and the others are just browsers but still they can make them block certain pages or install spyware to see what we look at.
CMON windows xp comes with alexa...enough sayd
what about some people sayng theyr ip's are being trackt by government ip's without reason?

[edit on 29/3/07 by Unisol]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

that just makes me mad trying to keep us from the truth
first the government is probably telling them what to do thats for sure
and then if u think of it some things are maybe better left untold...
like if there was a small nuclear danger and if they tell on national tv there will be mass panic and all that.

Well, we all know that television is greatly monitored by the FCC... I suppose that sooner or later there will be some agency that will monitor the net as well, Here is another related article:

apan: Police panel proposes tighter ID checks on users of Net cafes

Kyodo
Thursday, March 29, 2007

A panel of experts picked by the National Police Agency proposed Thursday that Internet cafe operators thoroughly check the identities of users, given the many suspected cases of use of Net cafes for fraud or other illicit purposes, agency officials said.

When police are alerted to an alleged Internet auction fraud or other suspected Web crime, they attempt to locate the personal computer used with the help of the relevant Internet service provider. The police, however, are often unable to pin down the user at a Net cafe when the identity of customers is not checked, the officials said.
In 2005, the police reported 592 suspected cases of unauthorized access to websites, but in 277 of the cases, including 139 involving the use of Net cafes, the police could not take action, such as making arrests, as of May 2006, the NPA said.

An association of Net cafe owners, the Japan Complex Cafe Association, said its members have some 1,400 outlets in Japan and about 70 percent of them conduct ID checks on users. There are another 1,400 Net cafes run by operators that do not belong to the association and many of them do not appear to be doing ID checks, according to the association.

Not just The United States

It's fairly obvious that it's not just the United States that is trying to do these things. Anyone who doesn't think there is a global conspiracy to keep people ignorant are only fooling themselves.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
i believe there are allready such agencies...
dont u think if u hack and post some secret new projects of usa or russia here,a swat team wont brake into ur house and kidnap/make u like nikita
/or kill you
if they know ur a thread to national security they may even watch u throw the satelite

and as i sayd so many people reported theyr ip's are watched by some military/white house ip's...
this site is 100% watched by many agencies couse information leaked here is just trouble
and 100% there are many disguised agents from all kinds pretending to be users and calling everything fake,trying to mess with our minds...
i mean cmon man weather baloons dont do mach 7 on the radar to a nearby plane right

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I don't have a copy of Yahoo's conduct rules but perhaps Cutting Through The Matrix broke those rules and consequently was pulled because of it.
Perhaps he should pay for his own website and then he could write whatever he feels like.
I don't see his free (I assume) Yahoo site being pulled as part of some grand conspiracy.
Now, Google manipulating it's search results might be however.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Unisol, definitely. There have been a couple of my threads that have been hi-jacked by "spooks." It's part of the "game." Of course, another thing that occurs is that they black-ball your threads. If you notice, there are certain posters that never post on certain members threads. Generally that is a form of protest by spooks,especially on sites that have a points rated system like ATS.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
i dont know but if yahoo and google are so legal and rights depending then they should send u a email telling u why they puted down ur site?
or are they playing dirty

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng

Now, Google manipulating it's search results might be however.

Certainly. In order for one to really understand what is going on with the internet control, one has to look at all aspects of it.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
one thing for sure most of the "moles" will eventualy get revealed couse on the site there are believers and sceptics
belivers -normal visitors/possible agents pretending to be in the game[:

nonbeliever - lazy old sceptics,and probably agents

surely there are those who just pretend to believe to not get suspicios and to acces some "groups"

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Unisol, true. I tell you, some of the so-called believers I am skeptical of. Some of them post obviously fake stuff on here and I think, "do they think this is helping the cause they claim to support?" It makes me wonder sometimes.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
cant trust anyone these days

still better then a boring world with no secrets[:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

cant trust anyone these days

still better then a boring world with no secrets[:

Well, I am not too sure that such a world would be boring because the truth is not boring. If people knew the complete truth, which no one can claim, I suspect that people would realize that life has much more purpose and substantiation than most currently do.

However, the elite, and the attempt to control the internet is just another example of this, do not want the general populace to know anything. The elite operated through the "church" for about 1500 years, and they have been operating through politics for the last 200-300 years to keep the masses in the dark.

"How fortunate it is for leaders that men do not think." -Adolph Hitler.

He was right on. He should have also added that man is not allowed to think as well.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
governmet telling the church to tell us to not believe in aliens,etc.?
i never though of that....interesting...possible
still cant believe the church in italy with the grand pope will do such things...that would like against our religion...
or maybe the religions is just agents these theories?
well i cant recall popes,churches,or bibles opinion on ufo'f if someone can lighten me up this is interesting[:
and didnt religon telled us that earth is not round?and were center of the universe?
we maybe be the center but earth not being round....
that was a big minus to the believers

or maybe that was just stuff sayd from some pope in them times?
anything in the bible about that?

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Proof that google is not yet under CIA control: www.google.com...

Same for Yahoo: search.yahoo.com...

What is the first result for google and third for yahoo?

The great thing about the internet is that it can not be controlled as easily as TV, and there are alot of clever people out there who will spot any backdoors/spyware etc very quickly. I think the internet is our greatest tool for freedom of speech to a mass audiance.

Firefox is completely open source. This means that the code is visible to anyone, so the community that helps maintain it would spot anything bad in it.

Gareth.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Lets clear a few things up shall we? Firstly the Google/Yahoo theory (which is very weak given the evidence shown so far). Google has thumbed their nose at the feds at least once already when search result information was requested of them, so why would they do that if they were aiding the federal government? Yahoo might be more willing to bend, that remains to be seen.

what about some people sayng theyr ip's are being trackt by government ip's without reason?

Probably about 99% of the people who claim this don't even know what the heck TCP/IP stands for, let alone how the internet as a whole works. Most of the claims are founded on a general ignorance of technology, and thats not the fault of 'The Man'(tm); all the RFCs are out there, the book stores have entire sections devoted to related topic such as Networking, etc but people are too lazy or just don't care enough to educate themselves. The fact of the matter is that most ISPs track the data of their customers, the one I used to work for had every single DNS request they had EVER received on backup, just in case the information was ever requested.

Sure ISPs can filter content like China does but Open Source has really let the cat out of the bag. Almost every Linux and Unix variant out there has all the software needed to setup domain name servers, routing, web and database servers, firewalls, email, IM/Chat, etc. There is enough in the way of hardware floating around the private sector that massive private networks would start cropping up all over the place were the feds to do anything remotely close to the things theorized about here on ATS. Besides if the internet was as controlled as people think then why does the RIAA/MPAA hop up and down like a little child screaming about piracy all the time? In such a controlled environment piracy wouldn't exist now would it?

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

governmet telling the church to tell us to not believe in aliens,etc.?
i never though of that....interesting...possible
still cant believe the church in italy with the grand pope will do such things...that would like against our religion...
or maybe the religions is just agents these theories?
well i cant recall popes,churches,or bibles opinion on ufo'f if someone can lighten me up this is interesting[:
and didnt religon telled us that earth is not round?and were center of the universe?

Well, I don't know about them hiding information specifically about UFOs. However, I do believe that the "church", at least from 325 A.D until probably about the early 1800s, actively pursued spiritual truth tellers and labeled them as "heretics." Of course we are getting way off course here.

My point is, the elite will use any method they can to prevent people from seeing the truth. In whatever form that truth may be in.

[edit on 29-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
L Besides if the internet was as controlled as people think then why does the RIAA/MPAA hop up and down like a little child screaming about piracy all the time? In such a controlled environment piracy wouldn't exist now would it?

I never claimed that it currently was being controlled. Where did I do that? I do believe it is headed in that direction, yes. Also, being a media technology major, I have to address something about this piracy issue.

You don't think that these big music corporations aren't looking for methods of eliminating piracy? You had better think again. What makes you so sure that the government won't use some of the methods that the music industry is using to eliminate piracy?

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
So, perhaps you tech wizards would like to get together and design your own search engine?
Maybe with the blessings of ATS?
I know, I'm really reaching here, but if you want totally unrestricted to the internet, you either need to play with the big kids, or carve your own little niche out.
Who knows?...it might actually work.

But again, that's just an idea.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join