It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carbon Footprint Survey

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
thnx guys
somewhat informative, in attitude, as well as information.

I had the conversation about carbon footprint and IEI was suggested as a better alternative, so perhaps I should re-post this.....

Interesting so far, is that not many people have any guilt associated with lifestyle - it would be interesting to know thoughts on agw as well and try and correlate usage v beliefs ( yes I know thats a bad word - all the scientists now say "NOT BELIEF - FACT", but i had to use something), but even getting people to post to this is like pulling teeth lol

thanks for your input

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I don't have any guilt. I do have goals, and that is to eventually be as self-sufficient as possible (i.e. some acreage and livestock, solar/wind power, et cetera). How/when those goals are met is probably a decade out, but in the mean time, I do what I can.

While not able to make all the changes that I could (I'm not really willing to travel 4 hours 1 way to school/work on public transport), I make those changes and do those things which are good. I figure that for now, even little changes will make an impact. Perhaps an infinitesimal one, but if everyone did a bit, then it would be pretty beneficial, yes?

Regards-
Aimless

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
yup, I agree totally - small steps still clock up the mileage if you make enough of them.

I find this interesting, really for all people, due to the fact that a few years ago after suffering a serious back injury, I decided to make drastic changes to my lifestyle - left the city and job, moved back to the country, did a lot of volunteer work, bought a smaller place with a high emphasis on energy efficiency etc

I suppose I was lucky, in a way, that I was in a position to be able to do it all at once, and whilst I may be relatively poor in monetary terms, I'm quite happy with my quality of life.

<< 1   >>

join