It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian detainee writes of beatings at Guantánamo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Australian detainee writes of beatings at Guantánamo

www.iht.com

The document said that beatings and other abuse included being thrown on the ground along with other detainees and walked on by soldiers, being stripped naked, having all his body hair shaved, and being subjected to injections. The maltreatment began during interrogations in Afghanistan and continued aboard U.S. Naval ships where he was held before being taken to Guantánamo, in early 2002, according to an affidavit by Hicks that has been filed in support of a request by Hicks [...]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Looks like the inexistence of human rights or a fair process is not alot of fun.

www.iht.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
So no one cares about David Hicks?

The first Guantanamo Trial after years being emprisoned spontaneously and without any substantial crime?

Next time i should probably name it US-Australian? People seem to care about a chinese "agent" in the US(!) but not about an Australian Guantanamo Victim?

By the way the TV News in Switzerland stated that he confessed being guilty. No wonder with the amount of torture. And i guess after 4 years he simply wants to get back to Australia. Nothing else. And the News did not state David Hicks' torture critics and experiences. What a coincidence.

It's a surprise to me that one cares.

After all it could happen to any true social criticist.
Anywhere.

[edit on 27-3-2007 by osram]

join