It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need A Hobby, I'm addicted.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Buy a horse. You'll be so busy taking care of it and trying to keep yourself clean that you won't have time to waste doing anything else, and you can't beat the freedom when you're up top.

If you can't afford a horse, or they just don't interest you, try rollerblading. It's mams.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
When I am noticing I am spending too much time online I usually go outside with a my 8 iron and hit a few golf balls in the field or take out my basketball and get a game going with a few friends.

Sports are what I would suggest. Trust me you will feel a lot better getting outside and doing that then sitting at a computer screen.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The addiction is not thing, or a drug (well sort of a drug) I am her addiction.

She is my addiction as well...

Love like a miracle, like the sky meets the earth, like the ocean meets the shore, like we meet each other. She spends most of her time outside in the woods as did I and now we can do IT together. We are so in love.

LGM & WIS

N.B.(Shhhhh, don't tell any one, but he proposed to me yesterday, Yeah, guess what my answer was!!!!!)

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Well finally I can enjoy my drug day and night, and it just becomes more and more a part of me, my whole being.
I am not ashamed to admit that it is now as essential to me, as air. Was I to become deprived of it now I would certainly wither away.

I did consider a horse though, but they are so messy in doors, and I can always get a horse, my "drug" is unique in the universe and irreplaceable.

WIS

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Your drug is a dream. And its name is the Society for Creative Anachronism. That is my guess. For many people who wish they were someone and somewhere else, SCA offers escape, fantasy and even a great full-time job. But mostly, it is a way thinking that reminds people to remove themselves from this complicated world once in a while to take in what truly matters: wine, women and song.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Sounds like you already have a hobby

You should take a course on drawing, painting, sculpting, wood working etc. You may have to look for a while to find something that inspires you. Don't just settle for something everyone else tells you is cool.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I have 2 guess's.

One, you are addicted to love-I am a die-hard romantic

Two, most likely, you are addicted to a mmo like WOW-world of warcraft.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
What I did when I finally stopped using my favorite lady, was play guitar.. Instead of tripping out on music, why not make your own music? GoodLuck Bro..

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Alas, I must admit that I am an addict as well. I am addicted to ATS.

In an effort to find something to take my mind off of this most pleasantly insidious dependency, I purchased a cottage. Whenever I can, I spend as much time at the cottage renovating; you know, insulating, replacing windows, painting.

My wife, the ATS widow, is overjoyed at the work that I do on the cottage (and the time I spend away from the computer -- and ATS). Little does she realize that I am actually building a post-apocalypse survivalist shelter.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
All most all of you were wrong, but thanks for all the advise.

I am swallowed by my "addiction", I let it devour me.
And I am happy that way.
I'll just see what happens.

AWAKE and Because of it I'm Alive
WIS

[edit on 15-6-2007 by WalkInSilence]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Raising and maintaining a flock of poultry is both stimulating and profitable.

Just be careful to not get emotionally attached to your birds because they are short lived and the grieving can sometimes be unbearable.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join