It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The search for truth is pointless.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
How can any one search for truth in a world of people who do not like there personal take on reality questioned.

I look for answers to questions that I have and the biggest problem I have is not the gate keeper guarding the secrets but my fellow human who criticizes and tells me I am a fool for asking the question.

Are we so fragile that if one, just one of our ideas about how the world works is wrong we go to pieces and start rioting in the streets ?

I know for sure I am not that type of person and don't believe the majority of us our.

I am so tired that attitude that if I can't produce an alien body that must mean that aliens aren't real.

I have never seen the great wall of China does that mean it is not real ?

There people out there who believe in a god that they can not see nor prove exist. Should we round them all up because only a crazy person would believe in something they can't prove is real ?

What happened to not buying into everything that they tell us on television ?

Because the History and Discovery channels says the Masons are a bunch of great guys, and CNN and FOX NEWS say America is not becoming a police state I should just believe it ?

What is the idea of a debate on almost any issue now days ?

" Shut up ! "

" Are you on crack ? "

" What are you ? A terrorist sympathizer ? "

Does any of this sound familiar ?

The above statements and ones similar are becoming the status quo for a response to what people don't like to hear or just casually disagree with something.

How can any of one find the truth to anything if this is the attitude from our neighbors, our co-workers, our friends ?

Am I the last person who doesn't go around talking trash on any thread I disagree with ?

I am not saying I want people to have the same belief system as me. I love when people disagree and I can have an intelligent debate on a issue. But it would seem that more and more people just want to resort to name calling and blind faith into what there perception of what the world is.

I guess this is my point .

Not one single person among us has the answers to everything. And the the only way to learn anything is to not take everything at face value and to ask questions.

" Go back to bed America. Your Government is in control again... Your are free to do as we tell you. " -Bill Hicks

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkMile77
The search for truth is pointless

I truly do understand where you are coming from. I don't think the search for truth is pointless but talking about it seems to be. I would love to contribute far more to this community than I do but most the time I delete the posts instead of posting because I read what I write and I just think it's a waste of time. I'm ashamed to admit that nearly every post I make, I regret and wish I could just lurk all the time. I just need more self control.

I was interested that you said this...

What happened to not buying into everything that they tell us on television ?

Because the History and Discovery channels says the Masons are a bunch of great guys, and CNN and FOX NEWS say America is not becoming a police state I should just believe it ?

Bolding by me. I see this phrase a lot on these boards, you have flipped it around to the TV but this is the single biggest thing that annoys me on ATS. Members will say this to fanciful stories and theories and you are right, no you aren't supposed to believe it, you and I know that but I am surprised at how many think that just because they are reading something means that they are being forced or expected to believe it. They take exception to it and often get emotional about it as if it threatens them, I don't understand this behaviour but it is rife.

Not one single person among us has the answers to everything. And the the only way to learn anything is to not take everything at face value and to ask questions.

Yes but God forbid you ask a question when there is no proof. LOL. With regards to subjects like aliens and ufo's, I've often wondered about denying ignorance when our starting point is ignorance on the subject. Makes me think which ignorance we are actually denying or embracing. I've always thought that someone elses truth is never our own but it may form a tiny part of our truth.

None of the subjects I am interested in have proof for the masses, I am interested in the unknown, it's unkown, that's why I'm interested in it but we still aren't ready for an alternative reality, thats why I don't post as much as I'd like, I just read copious amounts and laugh and cry at what I read.

You just got to be happy with your own thoughts regardless of what others say or think. ATS is a great place but the blind are here in abundance and I'm happy to be on the "gullible" side of the fence because I am content with my own thought processes and conclusions concerning subjects that simply have no proof.

It is when we try to convince others of our truth is where it all falls down.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I wanted to thank Prote for the reply. And I also wanted to apologize for my grammar errors.

I have talked to a fair amount of people in my life about a wide range of subjects, from there alien abduction, to there war stories, and drug deals gone bad.

And no matter how much I may disagree with some of the thing people tell me. I always remember that I'm not them and I was not with them when some these fantastic events happened in there life, so I can not deny nor confirm the truth of what they say.

And I think people have forgotten that if they were not there and did not see events with there own eyes, then they don't really know the whole truth to any event.

And just because someone has multiple degrees or a fancy title in there name, doesnt mean they always speak the truth. But on the flip side not all politicians lie and not every one who has a doctorate is pompous fool.

But then again what do I know.

join