It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crossett (Arkansas) Lights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I dont know how many of you on here are famililar with the Crossett Light or the story about it but Ive experienced it twice in the past month, one being lastnight, and I am utterly freaked out. Anyways, onto the story.

The story Ive heard from both online and friends who live there and go to college with me has some small variations but the basic same idea. A man was on a train travelling and his wife was on the side of the tracks (or it was just him on the train) and he fell off, being killed by the train but his head was missing. Supposedly, its either the man or the wife who searches that exact road for the head every night.

I go to school in Monroe, Louisiana, about an hour away from Crossett. Its more of a rite of passage for the locals around there but being genuinely interested in the paranormal, I decided to go with a friend of mine. The first time I went, two weekends ago, we made it to Crossett and a friend told us how to get to the road, which is in the middle of nowhere by a private airport. We went down the road and saw three trucks on the side of the road with high school kids in them. Once we got to the end of this road (which was so dark and empty, it gave me goosebumps), we turned around and pulled up behind the last truck.

We figured out that we couldnt see the road, so we got out of the car and asked the first truck if we could move in front of them. They laughed when we told them we Mapquested how to get there but they let us get in front of them and told us what to do. We pulled in front of them and killed the car. We sat there for about 2-3 minutes when we saw this blinking white light about 100 yards down the road. Since there are about 3 houses down that road, I figured it was their lights on the outside of the house. But, the light becane steadily lit and turned a shade of green. We watched it for about 3 minutes before a car came and we drove off.

Lastnight, we decided to randomly go and look again. We did the same thing as before except there was nobody on the road and no other traffic around. Well, we sat on the side of the road and waited. I began to see a faint light down the road that turned into a steady stream of light, similar to the size of the light that comes out of a flashlight. Well, it began to get really freaky when the light started moving up and down the road, similar to a person using a flashlight, looking for something. Well, the light started going the opposite way of us and by this time, my hair on my neck is standing up straight and I have goosebumps all over. To make things worse, the light turned around and started coming quickly towards us in the car. We thought there was a car light coming down the road but the light was so bright and since the road didnt curve, that couldnt be a car. It was the light. We decided it was time to go since the light was approaching and we began to drive down the road. After about 10 seconds, the light stayed in the road as we were coming at it. Then it suddenly went out. As we were driving off down the road, my friend and I turned around and looked out the back window and the light was there again, back down the road going up and down searching. Extremely freaky experience.

If anyone wants to go, let me know and Ill give you the directions to the road.

Let me know what ya'll think about this whole thing and if youve seen it or heard about it.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Having grown up in the Crossett area, what u experienced was a typical "light" spotting. We have been going to the light all our lives. I am grown now, and occassionally we still go just for giggles. I will let you know that there is also another light sighting road in Hamburg. It is called the Show Road. I am unsure of the actual road number. It is a gravel road beside a local restaurant called The Catfish Inn, accross from Hamburg High School. This is no longer a thru road, but I've heard that it is said to be the straightest road in Ashley County. At the end there are two old wooden bridges. Story says that in the 60's(?) a man was killed on a motoecycle on one of these bridges. I have seen this light as recently as Dec 2007. It has always been brighter and more reliable, at least in my own experience. It is definately worth checking out, but only on the darkest night!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
went onight but couldnt find right spot......directions?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by brandonh12

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by brandonh12

yah i need directions my friends and i went out there at like 3 am last night and couldnt find it i dont think we went down far enough

top topics

join