It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kissinger's Extradition to Uruguay Sought Over Operation Condor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Kissinger's Extradition to Uruguay Sought Over Operation Condor

news.yahoo.com

MONTEVIDEO (AFP) - An attorney for a victim of Uruguay's 1973-1985 dictatorship has asked his government to request the extradition of former US secretary of state Henry Kissinger over his alleged role in the notorious Operation Condor.
Condor was a secret plan hatched by South American dictators in the 1970s to eliminate leftist political opponents in the region. Details of the plan have emerged over the past years in documents and court testimony.

The Latin American dictatorships of the time "were mere executors" of a "plan of extermination" hatched in the United States by a group led by Kissinger, said attorney Gustavo Salle, who represents the family of Bernardo Arnone.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I can't say that I ever knew much about "Operation Condor", so it kind of shocks me to hear the US government is being asked to extradite Henry Kissinger to Uruguay for his role in this "operation" while he was the US Secretary of State.

From Original Article:

Kissinger played a dominant role in US foreign policy between 1969 and 1977, and was a strong supporter of right-wing regimes across Latin America.

If what he was doing, or his participation was sanctioned by the powers that ran the US government at that time, what are the chances he'll get extradited now? (zero)

I think it would be pretty sad if our government put a person in a position, that, if like Kissinger, who did what he was told (as US Secretary of State) to do back then, that the US would allow him to be extradited thirty years later for what "they" had him do.

But I must say, I think I remember seeing a movie called "Operation Condor", but I really can't remember much about it.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25/3/07 by Keyhole]

join