It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps the only way to stop global warming...stop ourselves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I have thought of a method, while extreme, could essentially stop global warming cold (pun intended). Sit-ins at gas-stations, boycotts of oil companies (this could also do some good for the war effort), presidential letters, protests. If you want to have a planet to live on in the next 30 or so years (or at least one worth living on). give these things some consideration at least... desperate times call for desperate measures, especially when your entire planet is at stake. So would you mind doing me a favor, please save our planet, that is if you dont mind.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I don't mind saving the planet, and I try to minimize the footprint I leave behind, but if everyone stopped using fuel the economy would collapse.

I think as an individual you can do your part by using the recycle bin, getting on public transport, voting for leaders that share your views, etc....

And I'm sure the planet will still be here in 30 years, even with some warming it should still be quite livable.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
oh no my friend this year alone has proven to be the warmest on record, i can only imagine what this summer will be like...
the consequences will be far too extreme. would you rather suffer a collapsed economy or an intensly overheated planet?

new topics

join