It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brad Delp, UFO fascination?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
For those of you who dont know, Brad Delp was the lead singer of the rock band "Boston". He claimed his own life last week by putting two charcoal grills in his bathroom and died of carbon monoxide poisioning. He had a note pinned to his shirt that said "I am a lonely soul". . and repeated it in french. .

I am a big fan of Boston, have been since the late 70's and never really knew why he (they) had a fascination with UFO's. So much that it was a re-occuring theme for their album art.

Does anyone know why they chose to use the ufo theme for their albums? There has to be a bigger fan than me out there that know a thing or two about Brad's reasoning to use a UFO for their album covers.

Their album "Third Stage" was actually themed after a space ship. . .

The symbolism seems to be a bit too much to be a co-incidence . .Brad must have been a believer. Then again, I could totally be off on what the true meaning was intended. Thats what you people are here for!

RIP Brad

[edit on 19-3-2007 by amongus]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I think that ALBUM was great, it's kinda like him/them saying Earth is a giant spaceship and we are sitting right on top of her.

OOPS!

For someone to accomplish so much and still feel as a lonely soul is so very sad, hopefully his soul is now free.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I was sorry to hear the news of Brad's suicide, some of my fondest memories of my youth include music from the band BOSTON, it seems that artists, musicians, poets and other gifted people live on another plane in which these type of lonely feelings hit much stronger and harder, I wonder if fame creates this sort of separation and feeling of aloneness, the more fame you acquire, the more isolated and insecure you become.

Once the fame fades, and you have the opportunity to get back in touch with common life, you cannot remember how to deal with reality.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
There are many that want fame, they want people to craze after them and they want the fortune and they want there name known all over the Earth.

One day there dream comes true and they discover people don't stop everyone wants everything from them meaning fans and also the people that are using them to make money for themselves.

They find out it isn't what they thought it was and they can't handle it. They want time alone they are tired. They probably get into drugs and drinking to get them through and they become very lonely and feel lost.

It's ashame he killed himself but maybe this is the only way he felt he would be free.

Our society doesn't let up just watch the news they never stop until they get that news and destroy peoples lives sometimes.

Don't get me wrong the news can also be helpful I guess it all depends on what the guidelines are they are given.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...(band)

Now this is interesting. I don't ususally listen to radio when I'm driving (and I drive alot) but a few days ago i decided to turn on the radio and heard "More Than a Feeling" like ...for the first time. Now I'm in my 50's and back then just to spare alot of silliness, I wasn't really paying attention to the song ...or Boston for that matter when it came out. But it's just one of those songs that won't go away, critics write about great songs, so it was always on my radar but not as a fan per se. So I actually listened to it a few days ago and told my husbnad that i did and told him that I remember reading somewhere that some critics thought this is the most perfect song ever written. My husband is a drummer.
Husband: " Well I remember when they came out and the critiscm at the time was that they wer TOO PERFECT."
Me: : Well CSN was critiscised for the same thing when Suite Judy Blue Eyes csme out cuz they sang like angels"
Husband:" Well yeah I know. But this was different. They were like...TOO PERFECT. And then there was that spaceship thing. I really liked them but was always suspicious that ...maybe...they were like aliens taking a vacation here to have fun and just F'd with us."

So there ya have it folks.

top topics

join