It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toddler Contracts Rare Infection from Father's Smallpox Vaccine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I have been hearing more vaccines going bad these days. I wonder what is going on. I was talking to a friend that just got back from a tour overseas and he told me he was sick for about a month after he got vaccinated. He said he also hasn't felt normal since.

Report: Toddler contracts rare infection

Sat Mar 17, 7:15 AM ET

A 2-year-old Indiana boy and his mother contracted a rare and life-threatening infection from his soldier father's smallpox vaccination, according to a published report.

The boy and his mother were being treated in a specially ventilated room at the University of Chicago's Comer Children's Hospital, the Chicago Tribune reported Saturday.

The family's name and home town were not released at their request.

The boy developed a virulent rash over 80 percent of his body earlier this month after coming in contact with his father, who had recently been vaccinated for smallpox before he was to be deployed overseas by the Army, the paper said.
Yahoo Link

[edit on 18-3-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
That's why I'm not a big supporter of newer vaccines. My brother and I were offered the chicken pox vaccine a few years ago when it first came out. I declined the offer because I didn't want to risk the chance of getting it from getting the vaccine. Up until just recently nobody has ever gotten it before. My brother was the first one to get it and nobody in the house contracted it from him. All of us were around him too.

Is it possible to build up an immunity without even getting it?

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I just don't understand this. I was always told getting vaccines does not hurt you. Its dead. Theres no way you can get it. I say thats Obvious crap.
They give us the Disease's. If we fight it off ok and if we don't better for them.

new topics

join