It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richardson supports legalization of marijuana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Richardson supports legalization of marijuana

news.yahoo.com

"So what if it's risky? It's the right thing to do," said Richardson, one of the candidates in the crowded 2008 field. "What we're talking about is 160 people in deep pain. It only affects them."

The legislation would create a program under which some patients — with a doctor's recommendation — could use marijuana provided by the state health department. Lawmakers approved the bill Wednesday. The governor is expected to sign it in the next few weeks.

Richardson has supported the proposal since he first ran in 2002. But he pushed especially hard for it this year, leaning on some Democrats to change their votes after the bill initially failed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Well it looks like Richardson may have some guts unless like many politicians. I support legalizing marijuana and having tabs on the drug much like governments do with tobacco and booze.

Richardson figured that he has to set himself out from the other Democratic candidates and he has chosen a good way of going about it.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-3-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
He's supporting a bill to allow for medical marijuana, not total legalization. From the story, I get the feeling that law sounds more restrictive than ones in California, where basically you just needed a doctor's note and cannabis shops started popping up everywhere. It looks here like the State itself will supply it to an expected very small number of people who qualify.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
He's supporting a bill to allow for medical marijuana, not total legalization. From the story, I get the feeling that law sounds more restrictive than ones in California, where basically you just needed a doctor's note and cannabis shops started popping up everywhere. It looks here like the State itself will supply it to an expected very small number of people who qualify.

Forgive me if I implied that Bill supports full legalization and I didn't do enough to seperate my opinion from his stance on marijuana. I still support Richardson concept even if it isn't full legalization.
Cheers xpert11.

apc

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Small steps... the tortoise always wins. A state here, a state there. Then one Saint Patricks day, noone shows up to the parade because they're all too stoned to get drunk.

top topics

join