It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deepcut conspiracy: not suicide verdict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Finally a report into the 4 deaths at Deepcut army Barracks in surrey, U.K, have concluded that the orginal explanation of suicide is incorrect. This is something that the families of the victims and the public have known for a long time now. Many have spoken of the brutality within the system at this army base, this the army have covered up. stupid military.
read the articlehere

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Such a shame.

the military are experts at mental conditioning and have many years of hands-on experience to work from.

on the other hand despite what familiy things it is possible for members of it to hide things from others.

what makes me suspicious is the number of people in this incident.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   

on the other hand despite what familiy things it is possible for members of it to hide things from others.

This is true. Some of the victims were reported to have suffered serious abuse, possibly rape, at the hands of their superiors. These #ing power tripping amry dudes were giving them a hard time. Their families still claim that they were happy at the times of the 'suicides'

what makes me suspicious is the number of people in this incident.

The report found injuries sustained by Benton, who died in June 1995 from five gunshot wounds

Five gunshot wounds? Is it physically possible to shoot yourself five times? This is one of the things that makes me suspicious.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Wow, i am updating this thread nearly a year on.

Former soldier jailed for Deepcut sex assaults

"During his trial it emerged that, despite a previous court martial conviction for a sexual offence, Skinner had not been expelled from the army.

Although a police investigation found no link between his offences and the four deaths, the case could renew pressure on the government to hold a public inquiry into bullying in the ranks."

This is awfull. These people were clearly suffering abuse. If they weren't murdered then they probably just couldn't take the bullying anymore. It's sick really.

AS one of the victims family members says in the article: "It's not just Deepcut, the whole of the British army needs looking at."

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I know this story is terrible, and I know most of the parties involved. I was in the sister troop to Leaning (Dalton troop) through Army Basic Training, and was with him during his time at Deepcut. I also served at Deepcut later on.

Knowing Les Skinner too, I have no doubt that these allegations are true, and they should not have been swept under the carpet in any way. My only point on this whole matter is the way the Deepcut is being protrayed as some kind of seriously tough camp with a culture for torture - bullying etc. This is one of the softest camps in the Army, and at the time of these offences it was a great place to be for a soldier, living a very easy life. It is tragic that a predator like Les was allowed to be left there to his own devices, just as it is tragic that some young people have taken their lives there, but the whole Deepcut conspiracy theory doesn't hold water.

And by the way, it's very easy to shoot yourself 5 times. Just put your rifle on fully auto, place it in your mouth and pull the trigger. It will fire a burst of 5 or six rounds and it will kick around never shooting you in the same place twice. Not nice, not funny, but hugely possible.

Let's make sue that our young soldiers have the help and support that they deserve, both mentally as well as physically! At the same time, let's stop general witchunts, and go after monsters like Les Skinner!

new topics

top topics

join