It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rulers of Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
We all complain about the powerful banker-military-ruler-elite who seem to rule this planet but would it be wise to take out all those powerful people and replace them with those who do not have the skills to become that powerful in the first place? In order to keep their power they need to keep economies running, keep dissenting factions from destroying each other completely and keep enough people happy to continue their work. If you replaced them with normal folks who normally would be just complainers on the sideline, could they do better? Or would they just bicker and fight about how to make the world a great place. I think the selfish rulers of the planet fit the selfish people just fine. I suspect that the only way to get honorable mature leaders is to to become honorable and mature people. In this great mystery of life, is it possible that we are getting what we deserve to some degree? Are we getting exactly that experience that will mature us, make us wiser, tougher and more compassionate? So if you are barely more mature than an animal you might be born into a culture where you are herded and slaughtered like animals. As you learn to be more compassionate to your fellow humans you might find yourself being born into more civilized cultures.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
However, we could remove the institutions that give them their power and allow them to remain in their place. Remove the IMF, WB, Federal Reserve and other neo-colonialism tools. The role of corporations and how much power they can have would also have to look into.

If you change a prison warden, no change will come of it. It’s the prison that needs changing.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Technology is approaching the day when virtually all the people on earth could vote on it online. What if we posed a series of questions, and based on the answers, moved in that direction? I would love it if a grass roots movement started up and the common man was united in purpose, sharing the bounties of this garden we call earth.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
What if we posed a series of questions, and based on the answers, moved in that direction?

And if the majority voted to burn all Christians? Or destroy America? I bet there are enough people who hate us enough to vote just that. If the majority of the people on Earth vote for violent and uncivilized things, what then?

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Erasing the ignorance and fears born from it - is the only way in my mind!

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Redpill compassion is viewed as weakness in a world where only the strong survive and thrive.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedPill

What if we posed a series of questions, and based on the answers, moved in that direction?

And if the majority voted to burn all Christians? Or destroy America? I bet there are enough people who hate us enough to vote just that. If the majority of the people on Earth vote for violent and uncivilized things, what then?

Agreed. Majority rule is mob rule. Majority rule is 51% of the population enslaving the other 49%

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I continue to believe that a republic is the best way to govern but it has some problems. For example there is a conflict of interest in state funded schools. If the government controls what is taught in schools they have a huge advantage in shaping the minds of future voters. So I think it is fundamentally unwise to let kids be educated by a government run program. And then of course there is the obvious problem of the Federal Reserve owning our money.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   

We all complain about the powerful banker-military-ruler-elite who seem to rule this planet but would it be wise to take out all those powerful people and replace them with those who do not have the skills to become that powerful in the first place?

I don't think it would be wise to take the powers that be out, even if someone could it would soon return to the world to barbarism. For the most part I think its a smooth running ship considering how large it is.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   

If the government controls what is taught in schools they have a huge advantage in shaping the minds of future voters. So I think it is fundamentally unwise to let kids be educated by a government run program.

How would private education make this better? Wouldn't that lead to more conflict of interests? I live in a country where they have a mix of private and government education programs (from kindy to uni) and from personal observation, it's a mess.

And then of course there is the obvious problem of the Federal Reserve owning our money.

Now there's a real problem. The US treasury should issue its own money without the debt associated with a federal reserve note.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

How would private education make this better? Wouldn't that lead to more conflict of interests? I live in a country where they have a mix of private and government education programs (from kindy to uni) and from personal observation, it's a mess.

Well, I don't know what country you are from, but in the US, public schools are there to provide the teachers union with jobs, the pharmaceutical companies a place to market their Ritalin and the media gets a circus event when some kid stops taking his Ritalin. That is an exaggeration of course but as with all government run programs, they are the least efficient form of education on the planet IMO.
Home schooling is the best option with some participation in group education like band, swimming, dance, foreign language, field trips and sports.

And even though they might spend less time with other children that are their same age, studies show that homeschooled kids often have better social adjustment than kids who go to school. Many homeschooled kids participate in homeschool support groups, scouting, church and recreational activities, and other associations.
Source
Public schools are a form of social welfare and only if you are to poor to afford any alternative and work to much to do it your self, should you expose your children to that kind of mind mush. If you think public schools are OK, you are likely living in a rural area where the class sizes are small and the community participates in the school. There are a few good schools out there in the public system, but they are in the minority.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Home schooling is the best option with some participation ...

That would depend who is doing the home schooling. Some people are just not qualified to do so.

The US school system was design primarily to form better corporate workers. Teachers deliberately slow down the smart students and speed up the slow students. The system does need changing, but I'm not sure home-scholling on a large scale is the answer. (check out www.johntaylorgatto.com)

Why are you anti-government? Don't you know that the government and the people's Constitution are the only tools we can use against corporate power?

[edit on 27/4/07 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I believe that if everyone felt that their vote mattered, and that the goal was to unite humanity, they would not vote for carnage.
Maybe they would, and if so, and I was ordered to exterminate some minority I would refuse to comply. You cannot blame others if you agree to commit a crime. That is your choice. What do we do about the 2000 to 4000 kids who presently starve to death every hour of every day? That is not acceptable, and I see no better way to help stop that than a world united.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
That would depend who is doing the home schooling. Some people are just not qualified to do so.
Agreed, some people would be better off sending their kids away to school. But all a parent needs is the ability to discipline their child, the rest of the educational material is provided for homeshooling parents. But if you let your kids rule, you may as well send them to school.

The US school system was design primarily to form better corporate workers. Teachers deliberately slow down the smart students and speed up the slow students. The system does need changing, but I'm not sure home-scholling on a large scale is the answer.
Perhaps not, but it would be better than what we now have, anything would be better. Every form of schooling on the planet is better than America's public schools.

Why are you anti-government? Don't you know that the government and the people's Constitution are the only tools we can use against corporate power?

Good point, I guess most of my complaints about the government is related to the affect and control by big corporations. Big pharma and big oil for example.

join