It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prenatal Homosexuality Can Be Fixed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It is unbelievable the leaps some people take on this issue, this rev using scientific research on the biological reasons for homosexuality is promoting a pre-birth procedure which could "fix" your child to be remove the marker, though he says it would still be considered a sin to be gay if the procedure is not conducted.

Biological basis for being gay?

'Willing to play God'

However, Mohler, president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Ky., was assailed even more harshly by gay-rights supporters. They were upset by his assertion that homosexuality would remain a sin even if biologically based, and by his support for possible medical treatment that could switch an unborn gay baby's sexual orientation to heterosexual.

"He's willing to play God," said Harry Knox, a spokesman on religious issues for the Human Rights Campaign, a national gay-rights group. "He's more than willing to let homophobia take over and be the determinant of how he responds to this issue, in spite of everything else he believes about not tinkering with the unborn."

Hypocrisy.....

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
So he claims that they can prove prenatal homosexuality, and they are "biblically justified" to correct this? Man, some people. I do agree that our sexual preference is predetermined. Honestly, I can not remember the day when I chose to become a heterosexual. I can remember the day when I "etched it in stone", but I can not remember the day before that, when I finally made the decision. So why do we "assume" that homosexuals have made a cognitive choice to prefer their own gender? Frustrating. What is even more frustrating is this sycophantic B.S. of this guy, who feels he can justify playing god, by "correcting" a fetus's sexual preference.

And I thought I had heard everything.

"Biblically Justified" to correct the sexual preference of a child. That is fresh.

Edn

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I bet you they could also 'fix' heterosexuality.

What I don't get is if its supposedly wrong why would a god if it exists allow it in the first place? Not to mention if they want to 'fix' this apparent error in humans will they fix it in all other species of animals? After all a large majority of species on this planet also have homosexual animals.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
If this is all true then people can stop trying to tell homosexuals their preference is a choice and demand they choose they be straight.

On the otherhand this is really creepy as far as designer babies go. You get to choose eye color, hair color, gender, and now orientation.

I know an awful ot of mothers out there who have groomed their children a certain way either to get back at the childs father or because they think its chic to have a homosexual child. This technology isnt going to be anything short of disasterous.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Why does this NOT surprise me in the least?

So, when it looks like the bible could be wrong AGAIN, he tells his people to get ready for this possible new evidence against it. Wow. I can hear him now...

"Gays, repent, REPENT, I say, for the FI...ERY depths of hell will claim your SOUL for ETERNITY! You CHOOSE to lie with your own sex, you CHOOSE to live like they did in Sodom and Gomorrah, you CHOOSE...wait, hold on a minute..."

-Deacon brings him the article-

"Well, it looks like the Lord has chosen to give gays a special trial and tribulation. I say, they might be born this way. But, the Lord works in MYSTERIOUS ways.
What you gays have to do now is get FIXED. Fixed in the womb, I say. For if you don't, you are CHOOSING to live in sin. And the FI....ERY depths of hell await you for this sin. Amen."

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
What's funny, is that this means God makes people gay and this Baptist dude thinks he can go in and 'fix' God's mistake!

I wonder if they can 'fix' someone who is "bicurious'...

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Another reason i jump for joy every sunday morning, when i do anything but go to church. This disgusts me. I personnaly believe your sexual orientation is a choice. This would outright prove me wrong and I'm open to that. But to try and fix it? WTF!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
such a pervesion of a life saving technology, kind of like designer babies. this technology could fix organ defects and chromosomal disorders, and this man wants to use it to stop gay babies...

civil liberties much?

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoknew
Another reason i jump for joy every sunday morning, when i do anything but go to church.

Here, here!

Well, I don't jump for joy; I'm just glad I no longer have to waste much of one day a week like I used to.

top topics

join