It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call It Psychic Synchronicity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Here's a little study in psychic synchronicity... I think.

Yesterday, my wife and I decided to play hooky from work and went shopping for antiques in a town about 10 miles from our home in the mountains of North Carolina. Starting out at 8:00 am, we hit a number of consignment shops, antique malls, thrift stores, and even the Habitat for Humanity salvage yard. This activity consumed most of our day, and by 3:00 pm we had quite a collection of treasures in the back of our SUV.

Normally, we would be ready to call it quits after 7 hours of nonstop driving and rummaging, but my wife had a sudden inspiration — Why don't we try Belmont?

This was a pretty outrageous suggestion. Aside from the fact that it was mid-afternoon and we were both exhausted, the little town of Belmont was nearly 40 miles away — it would be almost 4:00 pm by the time we arrived there, leaving us maybe an hour to shop before the town started closing down for the day. If we caught any heavy traffic at all on the interstate, we would arrive too late. Plus, we hadn't visited Belmont in 10 months, and we had no idea if the antique shops there were even still in business. Beyond all that, such a lengthy and unplanned excursion would be a totally unnecessary waste of gasoline late in the day.

I thought about all of this for perhaps two seconds before I agreed with her idea, and so we set off for Belmont. This was sheer, inexplicable impulse.

There was no traffic, so we made good time, and we reached Belmont a few minutes before 4:00 pm. As we entered the "historic downtown" area, my wife pointed to the first antique shop we encountered, and we pulled in for a quick browse. She went straight inside, but I decided to have a relaxing smoke on the sidewalk. The town was pretty much empty of pedestrians — as I mentioned, this town rolls up its sidewalks in the late afternoon. I fired up a cigarette, strolled a few paces down to the corner and admired a Civil War-era mansion on the other side of Main Street.

I had just stopped at the corner, facing the historic home, when a 50-foot oak tree in its front yard started keeling over, falling straight toward me. No warning, no cracking noises, no nothing — the thing just uprooted itself and fell.

At the same moment, I realized that a small sedan had entered my field of vision, moving at maybe 35 mph straight into the path of the falling tree. I made a prodigious jump to one side, shouting STOP STOP STOP!!! As the startled driver locked up his brakes, the tree impacted the pavement. The ground shook and I was splattered with flying tree limbs and mistletoe — out in the middle of Main Street, the car had come to a stop with one foot to spare. No exaggeration. A half-second later, and the car and driver would have been crushed flatter than day-old beer.

Well, it goes without saying, the driver was pale and wide-eyed (and probably needed a clean pair of shorts), and he kept repeating "Was God looking out for me or WHAT??" for several minutes, until after the local police and fire crews arrived on the scene. My wife was crying, also, when she realized that I had been right there in the path of this freaky event.

It wasn't until we were on our way home that we started pondering the extraordinary coincidence — almost as if we had been called upon to travel 40 miles out of our way, late in the day, to a sleepy little town, to be in the exact place and moment to prevent the death of a total stranger. I mean, we're talking about a matter of a half-second between life and death. If we hadn't made that unnecessary excursion, for whatever reason, that guy in the sedan would be dead. No question.

I'm not looking for confirmation from anybody — I know what happened, and I know it was phenomenal. Rather, I wonder how you would categorize this event — an instance of psychic synchronicity, a connection between myself and a complete stranger, or the intervention of a third party, guiding the events that transpired, playing us like pawns in a hair-raising cosmic game?

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Check out this "complete stranger" and take a trip down the rabbit hole.

Or it could have been a moment when the chaos stopped, because of who knows what kind of higher powers

decided to act.

Good on ya for thinking fast.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Dang that's a BIG tree!!! wowzers!

Here is a thought for you:
There are no 'other parties' or 'third parties' but rather there is just one MIND...the same old Jungian collective consciousness that we've always had.

BUT it's tightening and uniting more and more...kind of like a winding spring...and it seems to have an exponentially increasing motion.

I say this from my own perspective - at this moment in time, just my own everyday no-one special life is so full of [coincidences] that I ought to be in Guiness. BUT I know it is not me and they are not coincidences. And the world is doing it altogether, it is just that perhaps some of our springs started a bit earlier than others (for the sake of the whole) and it will become more and more evident. I see a lot more about it just here on ATS.

Convergence works on resonance - vibrations somehow. So, truthfully, there is absolutely no way we can stop it - the human race is headed toward unity whether we [some of us] want it or not. It is the only destination for our minds - our energy.

Personally I think it can only bring good! Evidently even less accidents - less death from violence and less freak accidents of nature etc. - seems like an awesome future for all of us!

Man that's a BIG TREE....

new topics

join