It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wish me luck

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
i failed my first theory test
so i have mine rebooked tommorow

hopefully i pass so i can take the practical and pass that and get my self a car

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Good luck!

What Theory are you working on and why does it net you a car?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Good luck with it!

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

You need to do a theory test before you do the practical driving test in the UK.

Good luck bodrul

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Good luck innit. My theory ran out before I took my practical
I'll have to do it again, but it's really not that difficult, just do some revision and you'll be fine

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Good luck!

before we can take our test we need to show we know the rules of the road

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Bodrul how can you fail the test, its easier to get a licence today compared to the old system. Good luck anyway

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Bodrul how can you fail the test, its easier to get a licence today compared to the old system. Good luck anyway

hopefully this time i wont fail
got just over 2 hours left

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
just so you guys know
i passed
30/35 and 55/75

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
just so you guys know
i passed
30/35 and 55/75

Omg, great job! I don't know what the numbers mean, but you passed, so yay for you!

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hoo Rah! good job congradulations!

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Congrats bodrul.

I've had to do the written tests a number of times when upgrading my license, or when moving to a new jurisdiction. I'm a fairly quick study, so I usually aced the written portion.

I found the practical for my truck license very tough, but I got a lot of help from friends that took the time to help me practice.

The best advice I can give you would be to spend as much time behind the wheel before you face the examiner.
Practice, practice, practice.....

If you know the area that they conduct the road test, try to follow other drivers being tested so you get an idea of what you need to do before you're doing the test.

My husband spent many years as a driver examiner for the Ministry Of Transportation, if you have any specific questions, I'm sure he'd be happy to answer them.

Good luck.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
My husband spent many years as a driver examiner for the Ministry Of Transportation, if you have any specific questions, I'm sure he'd be happy to answer them.

Good luck.

cool thanks for the offer

when taking the practical test what are the main manovers that are required to be done?

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
WOOT WOOT i dod not want to say anything before in case i jinxed it lol!

Well done you !"!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Keep in mind that this information is coming from Canada, but I don't see that there would be many differences. I think our licenses are interchangeable.

Some of the infractions that are an automatic fail during the road test are:

Speeding.

Rolling a stop sign.

Disobeying a stop sign or light.

Turning right on a stop without coming to a complete stop.(might be the left in your country)

Forcing any other vehicle or pedestrian to take evasive action because of something you do.

Impacting another vehicle, pedestrian, or stationary object. (Any collision ends your test with a fail)

Showing a lack of control of your vehicle at any time during the test.

Leaving private property without wearing a seat belt.

Driving on the wrong side of the road. (but I hear you Brits do that all the time)

Failing to give the right of way to a pedestrian or vehicle.

Failing to take your right of way which results in impeding traffic.
(like committing to an intersection and failing to proceed after the light changes)

Lack of knowledge in how to work your vehicle. (ie. how to start it... it does happen)

Failing to follow the instructions of the examiner.
(keep in mind that the examiner will not ask you to do anything illegal)
This one carries some common sense though, you may see something the examiner doesn't. It's your duty as the person in control of the vehicle to point it out to them. Your safety always takes precedent.

Arriving for your test in a vehicle in poor repair, or having safety features on the vehicle that aren't functioning.(they will refuse to do the test)

Making a turn into an improper lane more than once.

Failure to move to the proper lane after a turn more than once.

Your observation skills will be judged during the test. You need to show your awareness of your environment by checking your blind spots, etc....
And speaking of blind spots, failure to wear corrective lenses if you're required as a condition of your license will result in the examiner issuing a fail.

A lot of people screw up on parallel parking, but it's not a deal breaker if you get most everything else right. Parallel parking is something you have lots of time to practice before the test, and just don't bump the other cars while doing the test. That's an automatic fail.

Also, do not ride your break pedal during the test, you'd be surprised how many people do that when they're nervous.

You can be marked for a lot of items on a road test, like hovering your left foot over the brake in an automatic. Your left foot is only allowed for the clutch & a left mounted emergency brake pedal when driving a standard.

If the examiner gives you a verbal warning for something, be thankful, hope he doesn't mark it on the sheet, and don't panic. He's probably doing you a favor, and a little rapport is a good thing.

You can talk, but just don't start telling him everything your going to do before you do it. It really bugs them.

Follow instructions with a short acknowledgment, and keep chatter to a minimum while your driving.

There is a lot more, but I hope this helps.
I'm sure you'll do well.

EDIT: because I needed to edit...

[edit on 14/3/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
thanks anxietydisorder

asala im sure you woudnt have jinxed me :p

new topics

top topics

join