It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamists want to reclaim al-Andalus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Or as the rest of the world calls it,Spain. These nazi type Islamist radicals are growing at an alarming rate. They have shown they are willing to commit the most unspeakable acts.Children,women mean nothing to them.They are truly scum.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Oh man! I had such a good laugh at that.

Isn't it a pity that anything that is simply misunderstood, is suddenly labelled as an 'Al Qaeda' plot.

I watched a programme on the BBC 2 last night about a Muslim retreat where half a dozen or so British men and women were learning from the Holy Koran, tending cattle and sheep, making food and tending to other's needs.

There were dailly prayer calls at least 6 times a day, chores to do between prayer meetings and, on top of that, there were group sessions that lasted several hours.

I would like to know when did these very peaceful men and women have the time to plot the take over of 'al-Andalus'?

As for calling Islamist radicals Nazis, my word. That's very strong my friend. At present, I seriously doubt that they are preparing for a second Holocaust!

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by fritz

I would like to know when did these very peaceful men and women have the time to plot the take over of 'al-Andalus'?

As for calling Islamist radicals Nazis, my word. That's very strong my friend. At present, I seriously doubt that they are preparing for a second Holocaust!

I don't think anyone is denying that there are "Moderate Muslims"... Moderate Muslims ahve died at the hands of Muslim extremists because they are not following to the letter what their prophet told them to do.

Many times has Osama Bin Laden talked about the grief they feel for having lost al-Andalus, among some other countries the newly converted Muslims invaded during the dark ages.

One of the main goals of the Islamic extremists is to reclaim and fight in those same cities and countries that they lost so long ago.

Spanish Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar's political courage surely made it a more attractive target, but Osama Bin Laden and his ilk have coveted Spain since long before the Iraq war, long before 9/11 even. For about 600 years, in fact.

To Al-Qaeda and its minions, the Iberian peninsula will forever be known as Al-Andalus, the epicenter of Islamic high culture and the zenith of Islam's global empire. It was a paradise they lost to the Christians in the late 1400s, and they will never forget it.

In a broadcast made public just after 9/11, Bin Laden referred to Al-Andalus and spoke of "old accounts" that remain to be settled. He clearly believes Spain was unfairly wrested from its Muslim rulers and remains prisoner to the Christian infidels to this day. "Our goal," he told Al-Jazeera in 1998, "is to liberate the lands of Islam from unbelief."

A letter that surfaced in the immediate aftermath of the Madrid attacks continued the Andalusian theme. Penned by the so-called Brigade of Abu Hafs al-Masri, it made reference to those same "old accounts with Spain."

So the grudge is an old one. The goal is to retake Spain, and no amount of capitulation in Iraq or appeasement of radical Islam will assuage him.

www.techcentralstation.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
I don't think anyone is denying that there are "Moderate Muslims"... Moderate Muslims ahve died at the hands of Muslim extremists because they are not following to the letter what their prophet told them to do.

if you do some resaerch you will see most of the things extremists use to attack non muslim/muslims are texts that have been taken out of conetnts or said during the crusades.

i concur with what fritz said

[edit on 9-3-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think I have seen this "news" last year.

I have not the time to search for it now, but maybe someone will do it.

And I don't think the Spanish fear those who want to reclaim al-Andalus. After all, they were kicked out of it 500 years ago.

new topics

top topics

join