It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds: Company Hired Illegals to Keep Up With Military Contracts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Feds: Company Hired Illegals to Keep Up With Military Contracts

www.foxnews.com

BOSTON — The owner of Massachusetts leather company ran a "sweatshop" operation employing upward of 350 illegal immigrants — paid $7 an hour — in order to fulfill $91 million in government contracts, federal officials charged Tuesday.

The owner of the New Bedford-based company, Michael Bianco Inc., and three plant managers were charged with recruiting illegal aliens and providing them with false documents that allowed them to live and work in the U.S.

More than 300 federal agents swarmed the plant Tuesday, detaining between 300 and 350 illegal workers, many of whom tried to flee into the surrounding streets as a Coast Guard helicopter monitored the raid overhead. Bitter cold temperatures forced many to return to the plant, said Bruce Foucart, Immigration and Customs Enforcement special agent in charge.

Many of the detained illegal workers were women from Central America.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me to say the least. I hope we find out how much of a connection there was between the US government and this Michael Bianco. I hope Bianco gets the book tossed at him and I hope he spends many many years in state or federal prison. After he gets out I hope the US strips him of his American Citizenship for anyone who is willing to sell the average American worker out to turn a quck buck on illegals is not American to me! Shame on Bianco, I hope he get's what he deserves in prison!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join