It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speculative Evidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I am a regular on the ATS website and I encounter more outlandish theory and speculative evidence passed on as true evidence or proven theories. On user, I will not name, believes that he/she is the end-all be-all of UFO travel and how they acomplish such feats. First off, that does not make any sense. This user passes fiction as fact and fact as fiction. More or less as disinformation. I see this more and more on all of these websites. People pull garbage data from who knows where, reference it, and state that it has to be true. This is something I cannot tolerate. It is unacceptable for such behavior to exist. Shouldn't such a user be flagged as a hoaxer? Any thoughts???

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
And again I encountered more speculative evidence that sets me off. The thing I do not understand is how someone can say that because they think that they are correct in their beliefs, that they are correct entirely. Grrr

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
"innocent until proven guilty" ... ????

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega
The thing I do not understand is how someone can say that because they think that they are correct in their beliefs, that they are correct entirely. Grrr

Exactly. Think about it. Might make you quit growling. Or not.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Then report him/her instead of complaining about it. Wouldn't it make you happy to see them banned for being a hoaxer? Even though I don't know who you're talking about, I'd do a happy dance with you. Sound good?

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paresthesia
Then report him/her instead of complaining about it. Wouldn't it make you happy to see them banned for being a hoaxer? Even though I don't know who you're talking about, I'd do a happy dance with you. Sound good?

Sadly it isn't that easy...

I got Alien Agenda banned for being a hoaxer, but that was one hell of a battle...

My latest target, the person the OP mentioned, seems to be fairly well protected by certain moderators. I've voiced my concerns certain times, which ended up leading to an update in the UFO forum terms and conditions... basically changing it so that you can't complain about them... Well, you can complain, but nothing will be done.

Sure, anyone can post what they want on ATS, that is fine, but it should be illegal to post something as fact when it is clearly an opinion. There really should be some kind of psychiatric link to direct some people to so they can get checked out for paranoid schizophrenia.

Ok.. i've had my rant now... got it off my chest. Back to lurking...

new topics

top topics

join