It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Earthquake Shakes California

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Yep, I felt it not too long ago.

All of a sudden, the lights and stuff hanging on the walls started swinging. Very small though...

Nothing much hapenning though.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Check out the link below, looks like the LA earthquake was felt pretty strong in Yellowstone park!!

www.seis.utah.edu...

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
gee i'm surprised noone has accused bush of this to distract us from (insert your pet peeve of the moment with him here).

i'm genuinely surprised by this.

maybe you all DO have some hope...or you're badly slipping.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
im in san fran...

i think they said it happend 7-8:30??

i was asleep

PS
o thats what knoked over my drink

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I'm surprised you didn't blame it on Clinton's penis.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier
im in san fran...

i think they said it happend 7-8:30??

i was asleep

PS
o thats what knoked over my drink

Actually it happened around 10:20 Cali time, and it didn't reach as far as San Francisco.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
gee i'm surprised noone has accused bush of this to distract us from (insert your pet peeve of the moment with him here).

Oh?

You didnt see my suggestion that maybe bombing in Iraq had caused this..

(Generates much vibaration and has already caused several Quakes in the region..)

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
I'm surprised you didn't blame it on Clinton's penis.

well since i havent blame clinton for one thing i dont see why i'd blame him for this.

nice assumption though! I dont bash and bash and bash.

take that up with the schmucks who do.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
*ahem*

Anyways.
Looks like most of the world got a little jiggle from this one.
aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...
I'd also like to point out that, amidst the political yap here, 3 people died in the quake. They were crushed in their cars when roofs were thrown from buildings.
Link
Paso Robles got the worst of it.
A 6.5 is nothing to sneeze at, even by CA standards.

-B.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Cast an eye in the direction of the nearest mirror. And Happy Christmas!

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   

well since i havent blame clinton for one thing i dont see why i'd blame him for this.

Right, you just bash liberals then try to come away as impartial....you'd make a nice news anchor.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

Right, you just bash liberals then try to come away as impartial....you'd make a nice news anchor.

no i dont bash liberals. obviously you've never actually read any of my posts.

i'm sick of the senseless bashing and name calling. never once have i EVER defended bush, i do however say its ok to disagree with him or even dislike the guy but at least be mature about it. thats all i've ever done.

but think whatever you like, like so many on here you're convinced of whatever you want to be convinced of and the only person who can convince you is yourself.

so keep assuming.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM

Oh?

You didnt see my suggestion that maybe bombing in Iraq had caused this..

(Generates much vibaration and has already caused several Quakes in the region..)

HAHA The bombing in Iraq?! The bombing that happened months ago? Sure did take a while for those shockwaves to make their way to California. Kinda odd that standard demolitions can cause a 6.5 earthquake months after they go off, but nuke testing doesn't cause earthquakes on the other side of the planet...

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   

no i dont bash liberals. obviously you've never actually read any of my posts.

i'm sick of the senseless bashing and name calling. never once have i EVER defended bush, i do however say its ok to disagree with him or even dislike the guy but at least be mature about it. thats all i've ever done.

but think whatever you like, like so many on here you're convinced of whatever you want to be convinced of and the only person who can convince you is yourself.

so keep assuming.

In the end, aren't we the only ones who can convince ourselves? Er....or somehing like that...

Anyway....shame about that Earthquake, eh?

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Apparently someone was just resurrected because a few minutes ago they said there were 3 dead....now it's 2 dead.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   
nyeff we didn't feel it in Nevada, like we usually do. Hope your sister is okay.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Doing a little poking around here...
for reference, the 1989 Loma Prieta quake (62 dead, $6billion in damage) was a 7.1, and the 1994 Northridge quake (33 dead, $20billion in damage) was a 6.7.
This could've been a LOT worse. Northridge wasn't all that much stronger than today's quake.

Death toll is either 2 or 3 ... the most recent news reports are saying 3, but some were saying 2 earlier.
www3.cjad.com...

-B.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Well she is shaken up.
But all is well. I as far as I've been told they lost a lot of "stuff",but their house is ok. Just a lot of clean up. Kind of a downer that this happened right before X-mas. She said there was a lot other structures damaged. I will find out more tonight.
6.5 is quite a jolt.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
Well she is shaken up.
But all is well. I as far as I've been told they lost a lot of "stuff",but their house is ok. Just a lot of clean up. Kind of a downer that this happened right before X-mas. She said there was a lot other structures damaged. I will find out more tonight.
6.5 is quite a jolt.

that sucks
i hope they recuver fast

please dont let my last post make me out to be a jackass, its just we get alot of them here..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join