It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If/When we go to war with Iraq, where will China fall?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Who will China take sides with and against? What will the Sleeping Dragon do when it wakes up? Will the communist country take sides against the U.S.? Or the middle east? Or will it stay dormant? What do you think? Or have I posted a rediculously stupid topic again?

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 08:05 PM
link   
As usual, China aint gonna do sh!t. China tends to focus its attention inwardly. It either does not want to get involved with, or simply does not give a damn about things going on else where in the world.

But either way, one thing that China will NOT do is go against the US. There are 2 reasons for this and they are both related to their economics. One: they want MFN status from the US, and Two: they desperately want to be part of the WTO. They'll achieve neither of the above by displeasing the US.

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 08:23 PM
link   
i have posted time and time again about china warnings

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 08:49 PM
link   
i agree with psypher...
china isn't going to do much... they have enough problems internally...

if they were forced to take a side... it would be the side of 'democracy', since the u.s. already has them on a leash.
and their gov't is an embarrassment to communism... everyone knows they're no longer communist... they have free-trade.

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 11:40 PM
link   
.....Exactly!

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The Chinese will posture and make noises and then sit back -anything that eliminates support for China's Muslim minorities will be greatly welcomed.
If they are as shrewd as they usually are they'll "discover" pro-Saddan elements in their own lands and do a spot of Muslim-bashing: a leaf from the Russians' book.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Also US involvement here, as in Afghanistan will affect US stance towards Pakistan and anything that strengthens Pakistan weakens India -which is fine by Beijing.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 08:14 AM
link   
China has his own problems with their owns muslims.They'll do nothing against the US. Anyway they can't do it.They are NOT enough powerfull to do something against the USA and/or NATO.And I don't see the Chinese sacrifing millions of chineses for thousands Irakians.

And don't forget, Chinese are not stupids.They need us. Biz is biz.May be they'll shout a little bit, just for the show, but nothing more.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Well yes they need the U.S. *now*, but maybe that's exactly why they would attack us. To take what power we have and no longer need our support and business. But I think the only way they would take sides against the U.S. is if they saw us being weakened by the middle east. And I don't think they would take sides with the Middle East, just sides *against* the U.S. But then again I don't know much about this kind of stuff, hence the reason I asked this question
Just a few ideas..

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 01:42 PM
link   
To put it simply, China wouldn't stand a chance in hell against US/coalition forces. Perhaps if it came to a prolonged all out ground war their high numbers of infantry might give them a fighting chance, but allied forces would never let it get to that. Any possible conflict would be promptly resolved with an air and perhaps a sea campaign.

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Yes, China only has the capabilty to wage large scale war within a few hundred km's of their boarder. They don't possess the logistics to wage war any further. Besides their military technology is decades behind the US.

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Now a day, quantity is not so important.And the chineses know it. That's why they are looking for " quality " and new technologies. But they are far beyond us.

And we have the quantity also. The USA + the EU = 670 millions peoples. + the Canada, the N-Z, Australia and the Russians. I don't think that the russians want to join the chinese in a coalition against us. They are not crazy and they have more affinity with us than they have with the chineses.

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Yes the Russians in my opinion want to more closely align themselves with the US and Europe. The reason I think that the US and Russia have disputes recently ( especially about Iraq ), is more to saving face than having 2 hugely divergent foreign polocies.

new topics

top topics

join