It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you think aliens evolved?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted before so forgive if it has. Just wondering if aliens evolved like we did. Maybe they were plants before and evolved into the now. Maybe insects?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
OK this topic must have been explored before so I'll keep an eye out for any answers or someone to guide me to where this has come up before.

Thank You in advance, Solarskye

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
they didnt evolve, god made them.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Could you please provide some proof of that claim?

[edit on 28/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'm sure evolution is necessary in all aspects.. Plants, animals, humans, and other worldy.. It's not really hard to believe.. I've read somewhere, in theory, that ET, are humans from the future. Traveled back in time to fix past issues that would help their breed in their timeline.. Even so, you would think that they would have had encounters in their timeline with ET from another planet, or outerspace..

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Common sense tells me that no matter where the evolutionary proess is happening at, no matter what the evolution is deriving from, throughout the universe there are always going to be common denominators in that process.

Meaning, that it does not matter if a being was culled from mammalian descendants, insectoid or reptillian, or whatever, that there is going to be a standard evolutionary outcome that will work the best no matter what. Considering what we are, mammalian bipeds, I would think that bipedal or something very close to that is prettry much all that is out there
for "intelligent" life. As of right now it doesnt look like that anything else has the adaptability and longevity of bipedal evolution, until something new comes along anyhow.

I could definately be completely wrong about it, but hey, I'm no evolutionary scientist either.....I'm just lucky to be a biped on this planet.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I remember going through school, and being told or reading it somewhere, I dunno, anyway, supposedly that if it weren't for the development of opposable thumbs, humans would not have accomplished what we have today and that if dolphins had developed opposable thumbs, they would be running the earth.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind
Common sense tells me that no matter where the evolutionary proess is happening at, no matter what the evolution is deriving from, throughout the universe there are always going to be common denominators in that process.

Meaning, that it does not matter if a being was culled from mammalian descendants, insectoid or reptillian, or whatever, that there is going to be a standard evolutionary outcome that will work the best no matter what. Considering what we are, mammalian bipeds, I would think that bipedal or something very close to that is prettry much all that is out there
for "intelligent" life. As of right now it doesnt look like that anything else has the adaptability and longevity of bipedal evolution, until something new comes along anyhow.

I could definately be completely wrong about it, but hey, I'm no evolutionary scientist either.....I'm just lucky to be a biped on this planet.

I dunno...Im no evolutionary scientist either but what about crocodiles/alligators, or the coelacanth. They are definitely "intelligent" and not bipedal. Their longevity is strong, their adaptability is strong, and their evolutionary scale is minimal. I guess this could go in part with sea turtles too.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I was gonna post this somewhere else but it applies here. Just a thought, but what about those Reptilians that are claimed to exist. What if they are not extraterrestrial, but instead evolved here on earth. Velociraptors and such were bipedal. From what I've read, they were very social animals. It might be possible that their brains evolved throughout time. What if they also developed some form of camouflage, like chameleons. I'm not sure, but it is said that through evolution, they developed bird characteristics, but I don't know. If a meteor hit that wiped out all the other dinosaurs, maybe they fled for refuge underground and developed their civilization there.

edit: typo.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by souls]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Through puberty but its just a guess..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mod Edit - Please read;

ABOUT ATS: Warnings for one-line or short responses

[edit on 1/3/07 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I really like the common denominator thought from Lost Mind and the reptile thing is cool. And the ET are humans from the future. I've heard other things to, like maybe these aliens aren't really them. Just like when we send our probes out into space to send back pictures, data etc. Maybe they're some kind of clone of themselves but upgrades through technology to be able to travel in space. If I wanted to travel to Jupiters moons but couldn't because of radiation and all that then I would try to build something that could travel in space. Anyway I really like the answers I'm getting here and would like to hear more ideas.

[edit on 3/1/2007 by Solarskye]

[edit on 3/1/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by souls

I dunno...Im no evolutionary scientist either but what about crocodiles/alligators, or the coelacanth. They are definitely "intelligent" and not bipedal. Their longevity is strong, their adaptability is strong, and their evolutionary scale is minimal. I guess this could go in part with sea turtles too.

The above animals you mentioned are not intelligent, they are instinctive. They are the products of millions of years of trial and error/natural selection. Crocodiles dont count the water buffalo they eat, they dont wonder if the little water buffalos are going to be cared for after the parent has been eaten, they dont have a written history and are probably not self aware - they do not look at the night sky and wonder if there are other crocodiles eating buffalo on other worlds. You would say, "How do you know?" You dont have to know, they simply do not act like they do any of these things. And its not because we cant understand them either. We use ourselves as a template by which to judge the sentience and intelligence of those around us even of our own species. And we will do the same when we are finally confronted with an extraterrestrail presence on a global scale. Many of us will instantly see ourselves as very inferior.

Animals can appear intelligent because they are the end product of millions of years of trial and error and instinctive push. Some can appear intelligent because of thier abilities to learn commands and powers of rote memorization, etc., being trained by intelligent humans.

You take any one of the animals you mentioned out of thier specific environments and without immense intervention from humans they will die. Crocs will not survive in Britain, sea turtles will die out of the water too long, etc. etc. for the rest of the animals.

Humans are the only creatures on this planet that have the intelligence to survive/exist in all of the environments thrown its way, including the harshest of all, space. We have created and know how too use a wide variety of tools to make harsh enviroments compatable for our lives to continue.

I think it is a mistake to anthropomorphize animals with human characteristics. There is a definate line drawn in the sand between us and all other species on our planet and it shouldnt be blurred arbitrarily. Just as there is likely the same line drawn between us and any other more advanced civilizations that could exist out there. It too should not be blurred.

Intelligence is extremely rare and special - and if there is only one intelligent sentient species on every potenially populated planet out there we are the minority without a doubt. We are here....we have such a long way to go for the lengths we have come so far.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
That was well said Lost_Mind

I think we are very special when it comes to adapting and surviving in different enviroments. That's why I think also that we are no where near apes and mokeys and didn't evolve from them. That's just my opinion.
We seem to have that special gene, special brain, special something that seperates us from all species on our planet. Someday we will leave this planet and go to other planets because we are capable and intelligent enough to figure out how. And the only way the animals are coming is if we bring them with us. Do you think that maybe the reptilians that people have claimed to see are not real, or maybe some genetic altercation that was given to them? We are cloning animals, and taking giants leaps in genetics and gene coding. If aliens have evolved hundreds, thousands or millions of years ahead of us, then maybe their genetic capabilities to add or take away from any animal a gene or something like that could be possible. We've done some wild experiments on animals and ourselves from what I've read and heard. I feel anything is possible if we think outside the box. Nobody knows what other species are capable of, we can only emagine.

[edit on 3/2/2007 by Solarskye]

[edit on 3/2/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Well back on the orriginal homeworld whos name and location is now lost to antiquity. Life started as normal, they had their different cultures and different beliefs. Wars were fought over tribal god images and the like.

Then they discovered that the world that they lived on was doomed and so they created a craft to save many of their people. They left for the stars, there home lost they were alone. They eventualy came to a new world where they could once again prosper and grow. No longer confined by differences they worked together on the simmalarities between them and they bennifited from the cooperation.

Their culture grew to the point they started exploring again finding other worlds and expanding their horisons.

in one quiet corner of the galaxy they discovered a blue ball orbiting a yellow star. On this little sphere there were hominids much like they used to be long ago. Their history lost they decided to watch these creatures to try and extrapolate their own history.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Thank you all for the information on aliens evolving. I really like all the post and the insight on how other people see this topic. See ya all around in the forums.

Sincerely,
Solarskye

new topics

top topics

join