It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA: Crop Circles on Europa, Probe to Investigate...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
News Link

Scientists say this is a prime place to look for life in the solar system.

"We have a lot of things planned on Europa," says Hal Weaver, New Horizons project scientist at the Applied Physics Laboratory at Johns Hopkins University in Laurel, Maryland, US. "And even though it's a flyby and we can't sit there and observe it for a long time, we're trying to pack in as much as we can."

New Horizons will attempt to make the best ever maps of the composition of the surface of Europa and the other large moons, Ganymede and Callisto.
'Crop circles'

With a resolution of 15 kilometres per pixel, New Horizons will try to spy large circular grooves on the surface of Europa's ice shell – "one of the oddest features we don't know much about", says John Spencer, deputy lead for the spacecraft's scientific observations of the flyby.

This seems pretty exciting even though Nasa will most likely be chalking up any anomilies to anything but extraterrestrial design.

I'd like to see 'the hoaxers' explain how they made these!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
If, as you imply, NASA is trying to hide the truth about these circular grooves in Europa's ice from the public, why would they even bother to use New Horizons to photograph them? Wouldn't it be easier to send New Horizons on its way to Pluto without taking pictures of Europa, thus keeping us more in the dark?

I for one am interested in the natural, non-ET explanations, because they are usually more scientifically interesting than the more scientifically "lazy" explanation such as "I don't undersatnd how these circles were made, so lets blame ET".

[edit on 27-2-2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

join