It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Global Warming Eventually Work In Our Favour?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Before i start i will say that i am not saying global warming is a good thing. However...

Rising sea levels = bigger tidal shifts = bigger potential for Hydro/Tidal Power

Hotter climate/ more sunshine = bigger potential for solar power

Harsher weather conditions = stronger/more frequent winds = bigger potential for wind power

by the time this happens we will be seriously short on natural fuel sources.

It's all swings and roundabouts really but when the global climate does eventually get serious we can use the adverse effects in our favour creating less pollution and allowing the planet to recover over time. It might not be ideal but it is one of many outomes.

I know this sounds crazy but when the high brows of the planet finally realise they have to do something and it is no longer economically viable to be using coal, oil and gas there could be a non optional shift for the good of the planet. Everyone will be a winner.

[edit on 26-2-2007 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I don't buy that!
that is for sure!

what happen when someone is ill!
you start to have symptoms!

if ozone make bounce some of UV rays!
what are those rays?
what lay behind them?

if some of those rays create Cancer!?
what protection can we have?

anyway that is typical to think to make money out of a sytuation like that after drying out the all planet for interest and profit!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I think we should start using alternative sources for electricity now, to counteract the output from planes and road transport, a lot of things nowadays seem to attack air travel, while ignoring massive coal fired power plants.

Perhaps Geothermal would be a good idea to have more of.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I will agree and say that there does appear to be greater opportunities in the future for renewable sources of electricity. And I sincerely hope that we take full advantage of them.

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Hotter climate/ more sunshine = bigger potential for solar power

But I am lost on this one. The hotter climate is not a result of more sunshine, but more heat-trapping gasses in the atmosphere. If anything, the higher pollution levels will restrict sunlight. It has already been reported in China that they have been getting less and less sunlight since the 1950s.

TJ11240

top topics

join