It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hungary against Romania

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Ever since Ive been studying my Romanian heritage and history Ive found that Hungarians, most notably in recent times, have something against Romania and its inhabitants. For starters, they deny that the Romanians (notably the northern Romanians) are the descendants of the Daci and/or select families being related to the Huns. The Hungarians impose that the Magyar tribe they descend from either made the Daci completely leave the area that is mostly modern Romania or that they were completely gone by the time they arrived, despite much strong arguements against that view. They also claim that only they can be the descendants of the Huns, hence the "Hun" in Hungary. They have also caused enough conflict due to their loss of Transylvania to Romania for extremist groups in Romania to devote their cause against the Hungarians. I think this despise for the Romanians that Hungarians have is so deeply rooted that its become genetic. I have a Hungarian-American friend who said propmtly "f*** Romanians" when he found that I am indeed a Romanian-American. Bulgarians also seem to have a thing against us...

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I find this post astounding. I am Hungarian-American and as long as I've been living I was taught that Romania was as good as if not the same as Hungarian. Granted, much of that may have been because of Nadia Commenici but let's fact it, they are a few miles apart and the lines have been redrawn many times. I have NEVER in all my experience with Hungarians seen any bias or discrimination towards Romanians. Where are you seeing this? I can only be the judge from what I've seen in Maryland (US), Georgia (US), Delaware US), Florida (US) and Budapest Hungary.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RomanianDacianHun
Ever since Ive been studying my Romanian heritage and history Ive found that Hungarians, most notably in recent times, have something against Romania and its inhabitants. For starters, they deny that the Romanians (notably the northern Romanians) are the descendants of the Daci and/or select families being related to the Huns. The Hungarians impose that the Magyar tribe they descend from either made the Daci completely leave the area that is mostly modern Romania or that they were completely gone by the time they arrived, despite much strong arguements against that view. They also claim that only they can be the descendants of the Huns, hence the "Hun" in Hungary. They have also caused enough conflict due to their loss of Transylvania to Romania for extremist groups in Romania to devote their cause against the Hungarians. I think this despise for the Romanians that Hungarians have is so deeply rooted that its become genetic. I have a Hungarian-American friend who said propmtly "f*** Romanians" when he found that I am indeed a Romanian-American. Bulgarians also seem to have a thing against us...

Now I'm not an expert on Eastern Europe (I'm a New Zealander who's closest 'Eastern' relative was a Dalmatian great-great...) but I think that this happens in most cultures

Here in NZ it's almost exactly the same; New Zealanders get at Australians (our larger, more powerful neighbour), saying that they descended from British convicts while we are the descendants of working class English citizens.

I could go on, comparing English/France, U.S/Canada, China/Japan etc

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Losonczy
I find this post astounding. I am Hungarian-American and as long as I've been living I was taught that Romania was as good as if not the same as Hungarian. Granted, much of that may have been because of Nadia Commenici but let's fact it, they are a few miles apart and the lines have been redrawn many times. I have NEVER in all my experience with Hungarians seen any bias or discrimination towards Romanians. Where are you seeing this? I can only be the judge from what I've seen in Maryland (US), Georgia (US), Delaware US), Florida (US) and Budapest Hungary.

Look up the origin of Romanians in Wikipedia, theres arguements on both sides of this debate. And the only times Ive ever really seen a Romanian get along with a Hungarian is Wladislav Draculea being supported by the Kingdom of Hungary and the friendship between me and a Hungarian, which contains an unspoken resentment ever since he said f*ck Romanians.

[edit on 26-2-2007 by RomanianDacianHun]

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I know this topic is old and maybe nobody will be affected what i say now but im from hungary,and want to say that people here in this country taught to believe that trianon and its consequences are made out of the countries that has the part of our old kingdoms parts.So as time flows even bigger hatred will come if people wont listen to the future,and always look to past.What become more and more degenerated.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gedo:Rinne Tensei

can you truly imagine to forget trianon and consequent injustice and genocide ?
do you suggest to keep being polite and never mind the festering boils caused by the underlying truth of things ?
not looking to the past might help you to forget why you hurt but will never heal the symptoms people carry. as far as i’m aware the magyars carry this type of distinctive pain maybe as far back as to times of geza’s decisions (and i don’t want to talk about that!)
i certainly don't want to see more violence and aggression.
knowledge on their past is the one thing i can see that will set magyars free.

top topics

join