It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yawn...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Sorry for this post people, but here goes...

Is it just me but has the quality of ATS posts gone a bit downhill recently?
Maybe it's that, or maybe It's just me?

Has anyone else found this? Or at least, has anyone else felt bored with the posts and comments on ATS for an extended period of time?

Hmm...

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
As ATS grows it brings in a bigger spectrum of new members, new members who are new to such alternative topics, haven't used discussion boards before and thus don't know about correct formatting, don't know of already existing threads, etc.

Why not start some threads if you can't find any that interest you?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The quality of posts is strong, just as it always has been, and just as it always will be.

If you feel that lately there has been a serious drop in the quality of posts, I would say that it is just a "dry spell" for you personally. I go through them from time to time and it can be quite frustrating. Those times when you log on, search, search, and search without coming across one thread that you deem "worthy". Just because it does not interest me personally, that does not indicate the thread is inferior on any level. It is just something I am not looking to discuss. So the level of content remains, I just have difficulty finding something that "suits" me.

When do these "dry spells" happen? How long do they last? What can I do to prevent them?

All of these are questions that I've asked myself from time to time. I have found I can do very little to end these. I can author threads that I deem to be very worthy of discussion, but it is ultimately up to other members to respond to have a discussion. These, for me, end as quick as they begin. I will uncover a thread that simply takes life over night. I find myself enthralled in it and always logging back on to see if any new developments have been posted. I like to have three or four of these reads at any given time. But at times when I don't have one thread that I am posting often in, I end up in a "dry spell". On the surface it seems that the level of content is dropping off, but in actuality it is just that I'm not finding anything personally that I want to discuss.

Keep the eyes open, the ears sharp, and the mouse clicking. You'll find a few threads that will reinforce that ATS is as great as it has always been.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Yeah, I think both of you are right on different levels.

I guess all I can do other than post my own threads is to just hold out and hope for the best.

And Chissler... That's some great relationship info right there!

new topics

top topics

join