It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Asks U.S. for Iraqi Airspace Corridor for Iran Strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I wonder how much truth there is to this? It seems like there are always "reports" like this and people will almost immediately dismiss them.
Then, a few months down the road, the report comes true but people
forget about these initial "predictions".
We now have reports of another carrier group heading to the Persian Gulf, the last time this happened was prior to the Iraqi invasion and now these so called leaks like this coming out.
There could be nothing to this or it could just be saber rattling, to unnerve the Iranians or they could be true.
In my opinion, things seem to be coming together for a near future strike on Iran, which i think will be a HUGE mistake.
Things are getting so bad in Iraq and I believe the Bush Admin is scrambling for something to distract the peoples attention away from Iraq.
You would think that they would first try to sell us on a war with Iran, something to convince us that it is needed, possibly a 9/11 type scenario?
Anyway, heres is the partial story and the
Source Page

LONDON — Israel opened negotiations to fly through U.S. controlled airspace in Iraq to carry out strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities, a British newspaper reported Saturday. Israel's deputy defense minister denied the claim.

The Daily Telegraph newspaper quoted an unnamed Israeli defense official as saying the talks were aimed at planning for all scenarios, including any future decision to target Iran's nuclear program.

Israeli bombers would need a corridor through U.S.-administered airspace in Iraq to carry out any strikes, the official was quoted as saying by the newspaper.

Ephraim Sneh, Israel's Deputy Defense Minister, told The Associated Press on Saturday that the report was incorrect. "This is baseless information," Sneh said. "Maybe people like to divert (attention from) the need for immediate economic sanctions (with) stories about imminent Israeli action, which is not on the agenda."

The international community's focus should be on imposing economic sanctions on Iran for defying U.N. Security Council resolutions, he said.

Senior officials of the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council — Britain, the U.S., France, China and Russia — and Germany are meeting Monday for an emergency summit in London to discuss measures against Tehran.

(Story continues below)

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Here's the article from the Telegraph that they refer to:

Telegraph article

Don't like the way this is all shaping up, not one bit.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Yea I'm with you on that one, this situation can only end in a few different ways and most of them are bad. I suspect that soon we will see a Guf of Tonkin type innocent or something along those lines. Seeing as how Iran has little to do with Al Queda then it would be a hard sell blaming a 9/11 type incident, like i mentioned earlier. As it stands right now, the only terrorist organization that Iran associates with is Hezbollah and its doubtful they could reach the US, thats why Bush and Co are trying to blame them for activity in Iraq.

Originally posted by skjalddis

Don't like the way this is all shaping up, not one bit.

new topics

join