It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV and Narrow Mindedness.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I was just wondering how many people here believe that watching TV has an effect on their day to day lives. Do YOU believe that advertising affects your choices, do TV shows affect your beliefs (as many posts around here indicate) or do you ever question whats being said on the news?

Nothing majorly conspiracy related but I am interested in your responses.

I have hardly turned on the TV since late '05. I have found that brand names never worry me and I find it much easier to 'read between the lines' concerning certain new stories.

This just came to mind while listening to a very popular talk back radio station where I live. The announcer has made claims of certain things being 'rediculous', and then later been corrected. This seems to be a common event on this station. I do realise that ego plays a part but it really seems that people are very very narrow minded these days.

Then again, maybe I'm just lucky to be able to think for myself.

The point being... are some people more narrow minded for a reason?

PS: Just to clarify, I do think that narrow mindedness comes from both ends of the spectrum, especially around forums such as these.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I think a lot of people have been narrowminded over the years. Look at the Salem witchhunts. Those running things were pretty narrowminded were they not?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
True but in those times governmental systems were different.

I just feel that these days people get caught up in all the hype surrounding petty issues and forget the big picture. I've seen a very very large difference in Australia over the last 10-15 years. All you have to do is watch on of the Aussie 'history of TV' programs to see the gigantic changes.

People are narrow minded yes. The real question is whether or not this is an artifact of outside influences.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It's kind of ironic that a lot of them view themselves as very open minded. I see this on both sides.

top topics

join