It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POOR FAMILIES THIS CHRISTMAS. Why???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Now how much does the us Goverment Spend on Ultrasecret space programs, military programs, bio labs, chemical labs, etc. Deep

I guess all of the "black budget" programme's costs will remain forever unknown Deep - but I take your point very well

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Gaz,

Whats a better present than getting married?

Though christmas is coined " the season of giving"
I think every season should be the same.

Remember that hes 13 years old!

Your all going off on a 13 year old kid!

Most kids at that age in western Society dont even care what happens to the poor, atleast he has his mind and heart in the right path.

Im sure he does not have all the facts straight, but he does realize whats important,
"to help those who cannot help themselves"

For a 13 year old, he has a pretty humble heart, dont you agree

Deep

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
There were poor people before the war,and there will be poor people after the war. Has little to do with who is in office. Just the way it is. If you want money...get a job. If you want to make a lot of money,get an education,and work your butt off till you get where you want to be.
Money is to be earned...not handed out.

80 bucks for an X-Mas tree????!!!!!
Man...are you getting ripped off. Only about 35$ for a nice 6 or 7 foot tree in CA.

[Edited on 12/19/2003 by nyeff]

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hey, if he's 13 and on this site....then at least he's more awake than 90% of the sheeple out there....

I'll give props for that. Just wanted to be sure he appreciated even getting a Christmas....

Unfortunately, a lot of it is their own doing... It amazes me when I see a poor family, and they have 5 kids!!! (and likely by 3 or more different daddies...) It seems like its all about the welfare check....
If they'd have kept their legs closed, and been busy with a job....they wouldn't have gotten knocked up...

Granted, this isn't the case with everyone...and there are genuinely people out there who simply had a bad run of luck (man, I know it...I've been there...eating Ramen for weeks, with the occassional treat of PB&J), but the ones who dug their own hole....man....those are the ones that make me sick....

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Unfortunately, a lot of it is their own doing... It amazes me when I see a poor family, and they have 5 kids!!! (and likely by 3 or more different daddies...) It seems like its all about the welfare check....
If they'd have kept their legs closed, and been busy with a job....they wouldn't have gotten knocked up...

Granted, this isn't the case with everyone...and there are genuinely people out there who simply had a bad run of luck (man, I know it...I've been there...eating Ramen for weeks, with the occassional treat of PB&J), but the ones who dug their own hole....man....those are the ones that make me sick....

Amen Bro..........
Being poor is a problem that can be fixed on your own most of the time. And I can relate to the Ramen and PB&J's myself. But I realized at an early age that if I wanted steak....I was going to have to earn the money to buy it. I'll be damned if I have to beg for something I can do for myself.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfSpirit
If anybody hasn't noticed this year many families are

stuggling to make it through Christmas.

Most families are so poor because most money went to

operations in Saudi Arabia and Iraq. This all is stupid,

money should be donated to us. WE ARE WHAT MAKE

AMERICA (if you have anymore info please reply).
America is one of the greatest and wealthiest in the world...I think that it's great that USA gives foreign aid to impoverished nations...especially one that was just bombed by the USA!

Most money from the USA would not go to Iraq aid, but most tax dollars are spent on American soil, on improving the nation...whether that is military, public services or what not.

I know what it feels like to be poor. America, everywhere I read, it says that this is the country where you can make it big...sometimes that's all we have to believe in, if we can't believe in ourselves.

In one of the richest nations in the world, it may not be worth it to rely on American welfare money, if someone is able to work, they should. I think most people see that if you depend too much on welfare, the governments see people like that as lazy.

There will always be "poor" people as long as capitalism remains the basis of exchange between people.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

There's a reason for this. More kids means more working members of the family to bring some money to the table. Thats the way it is in all impoverished nations, so why not let that be the trend for all impoverished families worldwide?

Accoriding to demographic economic transition theory, the United States isn't as advanced as countries like Japan or Italy. While we remain in the third portion of the transition (still lingering close to the second), Japan is enjoying 4th world status and is actually experiencing population decline. Less poor with their legs open I guess.

Lastly, governments use a little thing called BUDGETS, they wouldn't have spent the money on Iraq by pinching out of other departments, they take a loan out from the bank. Thus, biggest deficeit in American history, ring any bells?

[Edited on 12-20-2003 by insite]

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Hey kid-- if you're getting a $200 Christmas present you're far from poor! I'll be lucky if I get a $20 present from my parents, but you know what? I don't care. I'm not hung up on how much expensive crap I can loot out of my family. Possessions don't equal happiness. If you were really worried about the "poor people" you'd tell your Dad to give most of that money to charity and just buy you a small gift. I'm sure the people at your local homeless shelter would get better use of that money than you. Or tell him to put a present under an "Angel Tree" somewhere for a less fortunate kid.

$200.....Just wait until you have to work for your own damn money. Then you'll realize what $200 is really worth. Especially if it's earned at a McJob or other crappy place of employment.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Can you say "SPOILED BRAT"?! YOU REALLY need to go give your Dad a BIG HUG and tell him to only spend $5.00 on your present and save the rest for tires for his car or something that'll make your MOM'S life a little better!

I am SO MAD at you I can hardly type! My company adopted 13 families for Christmas this year who have NOTHING, NO MONEY, NOTHING but a critically ILL little child that has taken the Mom out of the workforce and cut the family income by at least half. YOU are BITCHING about a $200.00 Christmas present?! You don't DESERVE a $2.00 Christmas present!

THIS is America's future... THAT'S why Val and I are retiring on the Beach in Mexico!

M...

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY

Kiddies, let's all chill out.

First, this is Christmas time, so let's all try to temper our comments a bit.

Second, I am a father of two boys, and I know that a lot of money is being wasted overseas, BUT me, my wife and two boys would NOT have survived to the point I am now with out government aid.

I am far from being poor, but things are expensive.

Come on

Group hug ------ now don't we all feel better.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Bums are dying on the streets...war is raging across the seas...it's difficult for everyone to realize it is Christmas...hrmmm..."holiday"...quite a word when people are stressed out for the traditional means this time of year...eh?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join