It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada losing desire to meddle?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
"Traditionally, we've seen our international role as going around doing good while the Americans go around kicking butt.

We're as skeptical as ever about the U.S.'s tactics. But we are losing, if not our taste for doing good, then our certainty about how much of it we can actually do."

www.thestar.com...

If every country just "sticks to its knitting" would the world be a better place? Sometimes "neo-isolationists" like Pat Buchanan make a lot of sense to me, and he's a righty - this article seems to indicate the lefty point of view isn't much different. Perhaps the time is ripe for the lefty's and the righty's to take separate routes and meet behind the woodshed on common ground, while the centrist-globalists try to screw us all (eg: NAU).

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well the queation, the way they posted it ," By a wide margin, 66 per cent to 34 per cent, Canadians said they preferred "domestic action" to halt climate change rather than "international policy." doesnt say much as to what we think about our military being used to protect our national interests. It seems to be one persons way to generate a poll number that goes against the military being used International. Why lump the two things together? How is our arm forces being posted over seas , or us as a country haveing a international policy hert the environment ??
If the question asked was " Do you think that the military should be used to protect national nterest ? " I bet the numbers would 80-20
If we cant have a domestic plan as awell as a international plan at the same time well I am sorry to say we have much bigger problems on our hands.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by WOGIT]

[edit on 20-2-2007 by WOGIT]

new topics

join