It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEEP IMPACT: Can or Will UFO's help Deflect it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Astronomers are monitoring an asteroid named Apophis, which has a 1 in 45,000 chance of striking Earth on April 13, 2036.

News article on this Asteroid

The Solution:

The so-called Gravity Tractor could maintain a position near the threatening asteroid, exerting a gentle tug that, over time, would deflect the asteroid.
An asteroid the size of Apophis, which is about 460 feet
long, would take about 12 days of gravity-tugging, Lu added.
Mission costs are estimated at $300 million.

A Question:
With all the UFO's flying around up there, regardless if they are man-made, as some people seem to think, or if they are operated and controlled by ET's from other galaxies, I guess we will find out soon enough if whomever or whatever is manufacturing and flying those craft's will intervene in someway to help deflect Apophis and other asteroids that are flying too close for comfort near our planet's atmosphere.

If they don't intervene in someway to help deflect a planetary collision that could be 80,000 times worse than Hiroshima, whereby knocking out whole cities and regions, then would this indicate that they 'are NOT on our side'?

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
im still of the opinion that in order to deflect this asteroid we need to simply set up a series of charges in a pattern that would blow the asteroid on a sloping course away from earth.

I don't know if Aliens would help. I do believe something is visiting our planet, but perhaps they have rules against interfeirance. Perhaps they would like to help but can't because that would chainge things in ways that they can foresee as hindering our progress.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Well scientists are saying that they can't just blow this thing up 'Armageddon-style' because then we would then have thousands of pieces of this thing flying toward earth rather than just one big one. Granted the smaller pieces would have less impact and do less damage, it's still bad news no matter which way you want to look at it because hundreds of thousands of lives would still be lost.

Certainly, if UFO's are man-made in that they are manufactured, produced and operated by a those entities who are in charge of black budget operations -- then knowing that we already have highly advanced aircrafts in operation now, one would think that those who are in charge of such projects would already have something up there to help prevent such a collision.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Well scientists are saying that they can't just blow this thing up 'armageddon-style' because then we would then have thousands of pieces of this thing flying toward earth rather than just one big one. Granted the smaller pieces would have less impact and do less damage, it's still bad news no matter which way you want to look at it because hundreds of thousands of lives would still be lost.

I completely agree, don't blow it up. Deflect, place the charges ahead of the asteroid to deflect it away from the earth. Not blow it up from the inside. It doesnt take much power to nudge a spatial body on a different course. especialy if you time it right.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I'm just saying that certainly this situation with this asteroid coming perilously close to our planet like it soon may be, would allow us here to actually find out once and for all if in fact UFO's are of human origin or not.
If UFO's are man-made, then obviously we already have such highly advanced technology in space now to prevent an asteroid like this from colliding with our planet. (hmmmm, but obviously our most highly esteemed scientists, who are at least known to the public, apparently are not part of those black budget operations as they are the ones who are alerting the UN now to begin initiating and implementing a plan to deflect this asteroid. They would not be doing that if they already knew that we already have such technology up there flying in space now as we obviously would already have the solution to this problem. Right?? But I guess these scientists have been left out of the loop... lol)

Certainly, one would think that those humans who are manufacturing such highly advanced air-crafts that those of us who are not in the know are calling UFO's.... certainly, one would think that they would do everything in their power to prevent such a collision because even their own lives and the lives of their family's would be in jeopardy!

But if in fact UFO's are from other galaxies and operated and controlled by beings from worlds that are much more advanced than our own, I would think that if they do not intervene to help prevent such collisions, then it would seem to me that they have no interest in helping mankind in any way, shape or form.

In this regard, if the potential is there that a quarter of the population on Earth could be obliterated to kingdom come, as a result of this asteroid collision, if ET's are not doing anything to help prevent such a collision, regardless if it's because they've got some kind of a 'rule' not to intervene in earthly affairs, in my book, they are not for us and are in fact against us because we already know that they have the technology to prevent such a catastrophic event, such as this one, from occurring.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
If the Asteroid is large enough to "destroy Earth" yes, they will take care of it. If we were to have "total" Nuclear War they would shut everything down and possibly make a fast and furious massive fly over.

As they say, "if you destroy Earth you will destroy our Laboratory."

Quote was taken from Grey Elder

edit to correct spelling of assturoid, astroid hmmmm as-ter-oid

[edit on 20-2-2007 by observe50]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Just because a group chooses not to help it does not follow they are against you.

I doubt if any of these secret agencies would care much if a few million or indeed billion of us Proles were to die off but at the same time they may well want to demonstrate their power to their competitors.

Also remember all these people have pre-designated underground bunkers that would probably be capable of taking a direct hit from a fairly large asteroid.

With almost 30yrs to impact there are probably quite a few possibilites - solar sails, explosions to deflect......

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Lol, well observe, I sure hope Grey Elder is right about that? By the way, who's Grey Elder? Personally I too think that ET's from where ever they are coming from, will choose to intervene to prevent such a thing from happening.

On the other hand, if UFO's are man-made, then it sure will be interesting to see if those who are running those black budget projects will finally introduce to the public-at- large, those highly advanced aircraft's we've been seeing up there that most of us are calling UFO's. One would think that if a possible collision between an asteroid and our planet is a definite thing, then the powers who are running such programs, would have no choice but to notify the public about the existence of such crafts and how many different types of them they've been manufacturing.

Whatever the case may be, I'm finding it very unsettling that we only have NASA to rely on now to come up with a solution to thwart this asteroid and others from colliding with earth. One only needs to look at the hit/miss success rate of the space program to know that we should have some real serious concerns that what they say will be a solution to this problem and that it will be as good as they say it is -- or will they be keeping their own concerns as to the actually guarantee of such solutions in order not to panic the public?? I think we will be seeing this happening too.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnb
Just because a group chooses not to help it does not follow they are against you.

I doubt if any of these secret agencies would care much if a few million or indeed billion of us Proles were to die off but at the same time they may well want to demonstrate their power to their competitors.

Also remember all these people have pre-designated underground bunkers that would probably be capable of taking a direct hit from a fairly large asteroid.

With almost 30yrs to impact there are probably quite a few possibilites - solar sails, explosions to deflect......

Good points and just would like to add that we are only taking the governments word that this collision event is still 30 years away. It's already known that they have kept a lot of information from the public about how close some of those asteroids and comets have come to colliding with our planet for reasons we are still unclear about. Could be that by NOT releasing such information, they chose to do so to prevent mass hysteria.
But in this case, with this asteroid that's heading our way, it's my guess that the situation is much more serious than what they so far are telling us. They've always operated like that in the past so why wouldn't they be doing this again in this situation?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
......so some of you guys are telling me that ETs have been visiting earth for thousands of years studying us, disarming our nukes, trying to engauge us so we become a peaceful part of space and they wont take a minute out of their time to simply deflect the asteroid with their technology that is 1,000,000 yrs more advanced than ours? lol we can almost deflect an asteroid, they could probably deflect hundreds of them if they wanted too

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jemblem62
......so some of you guys are telling me that ETs have been visiting earth for thousands of years studying us, disarming our nukes, trying to engauge us so we become a peaceful part of space and they wont take a minute out of their time to simply deflect the asteroid with their technology that is 1,000,000 yrs more advanced than ours? lol we can almost deflect an asteroid, they could probably deflect hundreds of them if they wanted too

Good point! Makes me wonder if in fact UFO's have been deflecting asteroids and comets from our planet since even the beginning of mankind!
The last place an asteroid hit was in a very sparsely populated area of Siberia at the beginning of the last century. It's interesting that it happened in Siberia and not someplace like Paris or London ... or any other places with high occupation rates that existed at that time.
So maybe they are up there patrolling our skies and thwarting such collisions from taking place on a routine basis. In fact, it very well could be that this is one of the reason's why they are up there! And now since we now have powerful telescopes we may be able to actually see if such interventions do in fact occur. I'm sure we will be in for a surprise should we see this current asteroid's path diverted by some of those UFO's that are up there.

On the other hand, if we are to find out that all UFO's are man-made and manufactured by our military, then the above information of course has be ruled out. lol

top topics

join