It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mothman/Thunderbird Connection?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Yea it does seem that Mothman is more of a paranormal entity than an actual animal.

When i think of all accounts of Thunderbirds they also sound paranormal but that may be because the accounts are form Native Americans and their stories almost always have a paranormal "ring" to them.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Maybe that has something to do with the fact that they treat everything with the upmost reverence, thus giving it an 'otherwordly' feel.

I just picked up a copy of 'Mothman - The Facts Behind the Legend' and there is a very in-depth interview with Linda Scarberry. Its weird reading her description of Mothman, as she describes him like a muscular man, flesh colored with grey wings. It had a wing caught up in the fence which it was grabbing with its hands and trying to pull free.

The more I read into this story, the more complex it seems to become.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What made me originally think there was a connection was the accounts
of "Red-eyes" from Mothman sightings and "eyes that glowed like fire" from Native American accounts of Mothman. Also that both have wings and seem to fly.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
so I am assuming that you are also of the opinion that what was seen was not a barn owl or a sandhill crane...?

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
description sounds too tall to be either of the two

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genus_Unknown It had a wing caught up in the fence which it was grabbing with its hands and trying to pull free.

The more I read into this story, the more complex it seems to become.

Could you catch one with a mist net?

Sounds like a project to me. What would you bait a mothman trap with? Are there mothwomen? If you raised a crop of mothchildren, could you use them to make really cool telemarketing calls? IIRC, in the movie, the mothman could call people and sound like one of their acquaintances.

Ring...ring...

Hello?

(eerie static) Hi, John, this is your mother

MOM? But..you're DEAD!?

John...you really need to...

Yes? Mom? What do I need to do?

buy a 2007 Camry...it had the highest customer satisfaction ratings in a recent test...(static) click

top topics

<< 1   >>

join