It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rude ambulance crew =o!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
well well well today i saved somebody and what can the ambulance crew do? - be horrible!!

was with some friends today and we split into two groups, half way through the day one comes running up to me screaming that one girl is throwing up blood.
I run all the way across the shopping centre (which isnt easy as i have a virusy lung infection thing..)
get there to find 3 of them, drunk, throwing up, collapsing etc. everyone was panicking and all the over 18s ran incase they got in trouble for buying the booze.

so anyway ive got one girl who im holding up so she doesnt choke, awake but not responsive atall, her twin sister crying and im on the phone to there stepdad trying to explain what was going on. had to keep running between the three of them until the ambulance finally arived.

First words the paramedic said..? 'Oh youve gotta be bloody kidding me
'

i explained what was going on, how much theyd drank, where theyd been, everything. not a word. i stood there for 10mins helping them all and im phobic of vomit.

they left - not one word of thanks from anyone. not that i did it for thanks but still im a little grrr as i did run all that way, more or less saved the one girl etc.

the amublance crew were just plain rude every time i spoke. i understand they dont like underage drinking but i had not been drinking and id been there making sure they all got to hospital safely. they could have atleast been civil!

dear dear me.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I understand....it doesn't take alot to be somewhat considerate but, being a paramedic myself, I understand the ambulance crews. You get drunk patients that puke in the back of the ambulance and you have to clean it up, drug addicts that are pissed off when you administer Narcan, you deal with all sorts of unpleasant situations day in and day out and yes one can burn out quickly, especially when minutes can make a difference in whether someone lives or dies. It's a high stress job that requires skill, not only medically but also personally. As you said you helped because that was the thing to do, don't take their rudeness seriously. The one that owes you a thank you is the girl.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
They were probably just frustrated and in a rush. When people are throwing up blood in the middle of a shopping centre who are underaged, a paramedic can't always think straight. They just have to act fast.

If you visited the girls in the hospital, after everything cooled down, I'm sure they'd pull you aside and thank you for helping them.

join