It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Gridlocked on Iraq Troop Buildup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It looks like the measure that the House of Representatives passed yesterday has been voted down by the Senate today 56-34. Although the Republicans were once again successful in blocking the democratic attack on Bush's Middle East War they did show signs of weakening. Today's vote saw seven Republican Senators jump ship on Bush's policy in support of the Democratic proposed measure. Hilary along with the other Democratic Presidential Candidates all voted in favor of the proposed measure.

www.foxnews.com
WASHINGTON — The Senate gridlocked on the Iraq war in a sharply worded showdown on Saturday as Republicans foiled a Democratic attempt to rebuke President Bush over his deployment of 21,500 additional combat troops.

The vote was 56-34. That was six short of the 60 needed to advance the measure, which is identical to a nonbinding resolution that Democrats pushed through the House on Friday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I find the quote above humorous for the fact that the AP reporter failed to subtract 56 from 60, lol. Typical English/Journalism Major!

I am happy this measure didn't go through so that the troops will have at least one more chance to make things right.
There is no reason not to give this opportunity to the troops. However, I am also still unconvinced that this "surge" is only meant for the streets of Baghdad, I think this might be cover for a covert attack on Syria or an air strike on Iran. Time will tell.

join