It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your favorite State Park

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
So I'm sitting inside, huddling out this long northern Michigan winter and thinking about some of my favorite summertime hangouts. Two of them were State Parks. So... I figured I would make a thread were you can post information about your favorite state parks. Here are my favorite two...

The latter is actually a National Shoreline apparently... Oh well...

High Cliff State Park - Wisconsin

Sleeping Bear Dunes - Michigan

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
My two favorites are really my favorites because they are fairly close too me. The first is Custer State Park, yes named after that Custer that decided that about 200 of his men could take on something like 20,000,000 Native Americans. It's really a beautiful place lots of wildlife and views that range from mountains to plains.

Custer State Park

My second is Black Hills National Forest, it's not a state park i guess but it's still one of my favorites. It of course has Mount Rushmore which is great to visit in summer and winter. My mother also lives in the forest so it's always fun to go visit her once in a while.

Mount Rushmore
Black Hills National Forest

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I've been fortunate enough to visit many of the State Parks when traveling in the United States, and I was totally impressed with Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon when I saw those two. Also want to say that the helicopter ride up to the faces of Mt. Rushmore is sure worth the money, it gives you a perspective of scale that you don't see from the visitors center.

But being a Canadian I feel I should plug one of our own.
Banff National Park

The mountains in Canada are an amazing experience that I think everyone should get a chance to enjoy once in their life.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Romford Skate Park!

Standard!

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Aegis,

I must say... I spent some time living in Omaha Nebraska and have taken a road trip through the black hills. I have to agree that it is one of the most beautiful areas I have ever seen!

Sock,

I'm an avid snow boarder. I would love to spend some time in Banff!

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LostSailor

Being from Michigan you must have heard of Silver Lake I had some good times there with my buddies back in the day.pt THe last time we were there we tried to "kill" my buddy's Chevy Blazer but that darn thing wouldn't die!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Smokey Mountain national park Tenn.
A very beautiful, magical, and mysterious place.

top topics

join