It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Satan have Original Thoughts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Or do all thoughts come from God? If so, is Satan only a concept for us to discern between good and evil, a concept helping us to behave according to God's Divine Plan? Is Satan a being or a pedagogical tool to teach us what is right or wrong? Is Satan the most evil part of God? Has Satan lived for eternity?

When evil occurs, attribute it to Satan for God's reputation is ineffable. When Satan acts, he is antithetical to God and therefore the greatest recipient of pain.

When a thought occurs that appears to be from Satan, tell it to go away in the most extreme terms, including extirpation.

Follow God, follow God, follow God...

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
i thought we were to Follow Jesus
Be like Christ
Trust God

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
But just like us we got the brains to compose those original thought from GOD so its a catch 22 if you get to philisophical about it.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
i thought we were to Follow Jesus
Be like Christ
Trust God

We are to always trust God. Satan only twists and distorts and no "true truth" has fallen into his hands. Satan is the worst that can happen to our lives; God is the best that can happen to our lives. Do not accept one percentage of a thought from Satan into your mind; accept all percentages of thoughts from God into your mind.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It's called free will.

We've all got it, including Satan.

Without it, creation would be pointless, we would all be 'a planet of playthings'.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Once again, GreatTech makes me think. I'll give this one some thought.

But i will offer my first thought on the subject:
I think so, yes. I think God would allow Satan to have an original thought. I would like to think Satan can learn, if not ... why are we trying to do God's work?

Now, if Satan could know a thing prior to God knowing it .... this may require a deep measure of abstract thought to contemplate. Hence, i'll think about it ...

In the mean time .....

Originally posted by GreatTech
Follow God, follow God, follow God...

Okay!

Which way did God go?

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Now, if Satan could know a thing prior to God knowing it .... this may require a deep measure of abstract thought to contemplate.

Esoteric Teacher, brilliant question!!! I believe all thoughts start from God. No other being can "know" anything before God and we cannot "know" things as well as God in terms of precision.

I believe God is an Infinitely Just Judge (some have doubts at times but time heals all wounds). As such, I believe that He is Omniscient, Omnipotent, and Omnipresent. He cannot be Infinitely Just without having these three qualities.

I do not believe in "free will". It is God's Universe, not ours. We are His servants.

Everything has already been thought out and planned by God and that is why I call God the Infinite Divinity and many other majestic titles.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Maybe God just wants you to be God's friend.
And have free will.
And live and love and learn?

What if?

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

And have free will.

What if?

Perfect.

That is so brief but perfect, doesnt even need a other word.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

And have free will.

What if?

queenannie38, do you think God could justly judge human actions if He did not do it Himself? Do you believe humans are somehow separate from God always, intermittenly, or never?

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
God is one with humans.

God is a member of humanity.
God is immortal but yet human in every thought.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

God is one with humans.

God is a member of humanity.
God is immortal but yet human in every thought.

If God is one with humanity, how can there be free will? Free will suggests the possibility of outcompeting God for power. It is my experience that there is no free will and that God's power is astronomically greater than the sum of all human power. He controls and monitors according to His will.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech

If God is one with humanity, how can there be free will? Free will suggests the possibility of outcompeting God for power. It is my experience that there is no free will and that God's power is astronomically greater than the sum of all human power. He controls and monitors according to His will.

GT good thoughts, but if God did not give us free will then whats the use of our being here? Ask yourself that question. Why are we here, to be automatons or to have the soul go to school and learn to live. Then to become enlightened. If we did not have free will we have no reason to be.

I sure am spending a lot of time in this faith forum lately...

I used to be Mr. Superskeptic when it am to God.

What a strange journey...

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
at one ment is the end result of pure free will, GT

AT ONE MENT

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I belive I will chime in on this one:
If I understand this correctly, I would have to say yes. If you go by what is written in all of the religious texts, when God created the universe, he also created the Angels. Theirs was a lot to serve and fight. They were not made to be nice, but rather soldiers. It is also believed that non, save the highest order, Choir, of Angel can view God, all others go either insane or is instantly destroyed. Anyways, if ask about Satan, you have to understand who and what Satan was. As the form of God, and the voice can not be viewed with out destroying or making one insane, there are Angels who were created to serve in that purpose. (Metretrone serves as the voice of God) Satan was to be the reflection of God in his full form. It drove him insane. The creation of man caused alot of trouble in the etheric realms as God gave man free will, and the ability to choose, where the angels were just servants. Satan decided, with out guidance, that his was not to serve but be served, and thus started the entire war between him and God, as he made a power play for the throne and was cast out. So based off of that, I would say that yes Satan does have original thoughts.

top topics

join