It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HBO's: 'When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts'...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
'When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts'...

This intimate, heart-rending portrait of New Orleans in the wake of the destruction tells the heartbreaking personal stories of those who endured this harrowing ordeal and survived to tell the tale of misery, despair and triumph.

The film also looks at a community that has been through hell and back, surviving death, devastation and disease at every turn. Yet, somehow, amidst the ruins, the people of New Orleans are finding new hope and strength as the city rises from the ashes, buoyed by their own resilience and a rich cultural legacy.

"New Orleans is fighting for its life," says Lee. "These are not people who will disappear quietly - they're accustomed to hardship and slights, and they'll fight for New Orleans. This film will showcase the struggle for New Orleans by focusing on the profound loss, as well as the indomitable spirit of New Orleaneans."

yesterday, i watched about the last hour of the first part of this documentary (which was an episode that contained the first two acts)...

in my opinion, this documentary is a must see

yes, it was that good...

the part i viewed was mainly about attempting to place blame on a specific person / organization for the lagged response time after the storm hit and the chaos / misery that followed...

even though we shouldn't be too concerned about blaming people for mistakes (even though they were huge mistakes), i really enjoyed this part of the documentary...

i will most definitely try to view all of it in the future

if you feel you are interested in this historic event, take a look at the site above and look to see the documentary for yourself...

here are some additional links that may be of use:

"When the Levees Broke" (wiki)...

google search...

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
has anyone else seen this???

if you have, let's talk here

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
i watched this about a month back and it brought me to tears. watch the whole thing sequentially. i felt that if the was anytime in the past 30 years that a cross-section of america would rise up and rail against our government it would be african americans after the flood. nope nothing nada

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
yes...

i thought it was good too...

top topics

join