It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Iran proof...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Well, I can't give a link to this yet, because I don't think it's actually hit the mainstream media, but here it is.

While listening to the radio today, a caller called in and stated that she had a son who was a marine serving in Iraq. She says that he called her and told her that they had found something major. His unit found a very large weapons cache that had marking indicating it was from Iran. However, the kicker here, Iran was just a mediary country, they actually came from "another country" through Iran. The caller did not indicate the "other country".

Obviously, this could be false info, but it sounded genuine to me. I'm curious as to what the other country could be. What do you guys think? Syria? Russia? China?

[edit on 13-2-2007 by BlueTriangle]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
More Iran proof...

Well, I can't give a link to this yet, because I don't think it's actually hit the mainstream media, but here it is.

While listening to the radio today, a caller called in and stated that she had a son who was a marine serving in Iraq. She says that he called her and told her that they had found something major. His unit found a very large weapons cache that had marking indicating it was from Iran. However, the kicker here, Iran was just a mediary country, they actually came from "another country" through Iran. The caller did not indicate the "other country".

How is this proof though? It may turn out to be true, of course, but you can't seriously suggest that what you have here is "More Iran proof..." Certainly not at this stage, anyway. You even go on to say yourself that this could be false information, so wouldn't it be a good idea to re-title your thread?

Obviously, this could be false info, but it sounded genuine to me.

I'm curious as to what the other country could be. What do you guys think? Syria? Russia? China?

Britain? Perhaps America, maybe?

Ho ho ho. I jest.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If if just went through Iran why would there be markings saying its from Iran?

Hearsay from a radio show caller quoting a supposed soldier in Iraq is highly suspect, of course, but it could be true.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai
If if just went through Iran why would there be markings saying its from Iran?

Hearsay from a radio show caller quoting a supposed soldier in Iraq is highly suspect, of course, but it could be true.

Well, when things are shipped through a country they generally show proof of having been in said country. I wasn't in a position to take notes on exactly what was said as I was driving in a blizzard. The jist of it was that this was a cache of weapons from Iran...but that they had come from somewhere else first. So, it seemed to implicate two countries.

I agree that it's highly suspect information...but it's no less believable and founded on every bit as much proof as a majority of the conspiracies around here.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
These are the weapons that were discovered The STEYR HS .50

Austrian sniper rifles that were exported to Iran have been discovered in the hands of Iraqi terrorists, The Daily Telegraph has learned. More than 100 of the .50 calibre weapons, capable of penetrating body armour, have been discovered by American troops during raids. The guns were part of a shipment of 800 rifles that the Austrian company, Steyr-Mannlicher, exported legally to Iran last year.
The Telegraph

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well if its australia, then they need to watch who they are exporting arms to but I would imagine the arms are probably russian or chinese in origin. Could be pakistan too, never know but I think its probably russian or chiense weapons.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Well if its australia, then they need to watch who they are exporting arms to but I would imagine the arms are probably russian or chinese in origin. Could be pakistan too, never know but I think its probably russian or chiense weapons.

Eh?

S'cuse me, but the rifles were made and exported legally by the Austrian Steyr arms company

[edit on 13-2-2007 by citizen smith]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Ok, so the Austrians, legally sold them to Iran. Fine. The question that still needs to be addressed is how they came to be in Iraq. Of course the US is going to say it's directly related to Iran's "involvement" and Iran will have a counter story. The rhetoric is escalating and the chess pieces are being put into place.....

top topics

join