It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible photgraphic evidence of "death star"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Sundogs occur much further away from the sun (22 degrees) and directly in line with it. The Vancouver pictures show either a lens flare (as Byrd says) or possibly an optical illusion due to the low position of the sun.

If it were a real object I think someone would have noticed it, don't you?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlaznRob
IMHO this is only the moon rising as the sun sets. I've seen similar things before.

Uhh...The Moon rises in the east, the Sun sets in the west. And if one says "then it's the Sun and Moon rising or setting at the same time" this would also be untrue because a the full Moon NEVER rises or sets at the same time as the Sun. For the Moon to be full, it is on the opposite side of the Earth relative to the Sun, thus a full (or nearly full) Moon always rises sometime after the Sun sets. This would need to be a new Moon, and thus invisible.

It's obviously camera lens glare (you've seen these - they are very common), or some kind of atmospheric phenomenon such as a sun dog (however, aren't sun dogs usually further away from the sun?).

There have been so many silly pictures out there similar to this with people claiming it is proof of "Planet X". But I agree with jra in saying (because it bears repeating) that if this huge Planet X was visible durung sunsets, don't you think that people everywhere would have seen this thing by now??

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If Im not mistake I was listening to a show on c2c with the Notrasdomus prophecy guy..think his name is John Hogue www.hogueprophecy.com...

Anyways he was talking about when Saturn and Mars is in a certain astrological house ie:Leo or Cancer that they burn very brightly in the sky..almost like a second sun.

I guess it could be a lens flare but I would be interested to see when the photos were taken and if it lines up to what Hogue said happened awhile back. He also said it is due to happen again pretty soon.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Where's the big dish on it too? Better tell those rebels to leave our system before it gets operational.

I would vote more for lens flare than sundog, the sundogs I have seen have been a little further away from the sun but I imagine they can vary.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
That's not the Death Star...here's the Death Star:

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov.../multimedia/images/large-moons/images/PIA05423.jpg&type=image

edit to fix url

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join