It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double Helix Nebula Near Center of the Milky Way

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Someone from another Forum Site told me thast the upcoming amount of information to be done in just a few years from now will be like drinking from a firehose....som people just won't be able to keep up

Don't you find it odd that lately there have been one discovery after another?

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
All things are connected in some way or another...AS I some how always thought they were deep down. Nice photo's

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hell, all I know is that mankind has always looked up for the answers...up being relative to the sky... Maybe we are programmed to look up and wait for our answers. Maybe there is a traffic jam and they haven't come back yet.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Okay, I found some of My notes, which in itself is a miracle, as I'm super unorganized. The Mayan Prophecy goes like this- 2012 is the 'Age of Transformation'. In 2012 (12/21/2012) the winter solstice sun will rise to conjunct with the intersection of the Milky Way & the plane of the eliptic, opening a channel or a sacred doorway for 'cosmic energy'-raising Our vibration into 'enlightenment'. The process of the alignment is called the 'Precession of the Equinox' & is a very real event only occuring once every 26,000 yrs & can be easily looked up. 26,000 yrs. Crazy huh? Will Our enlightenment happen? Eh...who knows? I think that if there was ever a time that the P of the E could be it. I mean, the whole universe is supposed to open Herself up. How often does that happen(every 26,000 yrs!!!
) Either way, We will be witness to a very rare event. How lucky. As far as being enlightened, well, that's in My other notes. I think it's supposed to be a mass enlightenment, but I'll check on that.

I think that the double helix in the center of the Milky Way, the Mayans Sacred Tree, might be more than a coincidence.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Here's a very good site i just found for space images.

www.skyimagelab.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Looks well enough. I think it will be very interesting. I'm not going to expect anything that huge to happen, this way I don't get let down.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
One component of Chaos Theory suggests that there are patterns even in the most seemingly random of systems. I suppose one could see these patterns in nature and point to it as evidence of a supreme creator, while others could say that these patterns are merely the shadows and reflections of the natural laws of physics.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
One component of Chaos Theory suggests that there are patterns even in the most seemingly random of systems. I suppose one could see these patterns in nature and point to it as evidence of a supreme creator, while others could say that these patterns are merely the shadows and reflections of the natural laws of physics.

Link:
Seeking the Light - A Study from NASA

All living things sense gravity like humans might sense light or sound. The Biological Research In Canisters (BRIC–14) experiment, explores how moss cells sense and respond to gravity and light...

plant shoots will grow away from the direction of gravity and grow towards a light source

Light direction is not altered in microgravity so the plant will still grow phototropically (towards light) just like on earth.

Now keep in mind the spirals:
Link: Parker Spiral

As the Sun's magnetic field is carried out through the solar system, the Sun is rotating. Its rotation winds up the magnetic field into a large rotating spiral, known as the "Parker spiral", named after the scientist who first described it. The Parker spiral magnetic field is indicated by the yellow arrows.

The magnetic field is primarily directed outward from the Sun in one of its hemispheres, and inward in the other. This causes opposite magnetic field directions in the Parker spiral. The thin layer between the different field directions is described as the "neutral current sheet". Since this dividing line between the outward and inward field directions is not exactly on the solar equator, the rotation of the Sun causes the current sheet to become "wavy", and this waviness is carried out into interplanetary space by the solar wind.

These are observations by NASA!

Does anyone see the connection between Electromagnetic waveforms and the DNA double helix structure?

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The picture is so fake.

No only joking, I saw this last year and strange that its in our own galaxy there can not be many of the same kind of structures in space that big. Could it be our missing DNA God took it out on man kind and will give it back so we can be like the stars.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
goldennumber.net...

The Double Helix shape contains the Golden Ratio found in all life on earth from our DNA to the shape of our galaxy (which it turns out may have its own DNA?).

The DNA molecule, the program for all life, is based on the golden section. It measures 34 angstroms long by 21 angstroms wide for each full cycle of its double helix spiral.
Construction of the golden section DNA and the golden section

34 and 21, of course, are numbers in the Fibonacci series and their ratio, 1.6190476 closely approximates phi, 1.6180339.

Which brings me to the Dodecahedron and the Universe:

A cross-sectional view from the top of the DNA double helix forms a decagon:

A decagon is in essence two pentagons, with one rotated by 36 degrees from the other, so each spiral of the double helix must trace out the shape of a pentagon.

Pentagons are based on phi.

The ratio of the diagonal of a pentagon to its side is Phi to 1. So, no matter which way you look at it, even in its smallest element, DNA, and life, is constructed using phi and the golden section!

The Universe may actually be a dodecahedron in shape. (link) (link) Even Salvador Dali painted the Last Supper with God depicted outside of the universe, which is a dodecahedron.

A dodecahedron is made of pentagrams which have the same Golden Ratio as DNA, and which form a cross section of DNA of 2 overlapping pentagrams.

And better yet, the Earth may even have this shape:

Originally posted by ViolatoR

www.tahlequahdailypress.com...

Plato obscurely says the fifth Platonic solid, the dodecahedron, “...the god used for arranging the constellations on the whole heaven.”

“The dodecahedron was not widely taught,” said Gilbert. “It is the pure, spiritual lifeforce, and people were told to keep it hidden, as if it were misused, it could create terrible destruction.”

Gilbert indicated many scientists – including those with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration – now believe the earth is shaped like a dodecahedron,
Given this information, one of the nodes on the dodecahedron falls in the same area as the famous “Bermuda Triangle.”

“Using a dodecahedron on a world grid analysis, you’ll see the nodal points, pressure points in space and time,” said Gilbert. “Other nodal points on the earth have been known as ‘devil’s graveyards’ because space and time don’t work right.”

Modern scholars disregarded the idea of the Platonic solids until the 1980s, when Professor Emeritus Robert Moon at the University of Chicago demonstrated the entire periodic table of elements - everything known in the physical world - is based on these five forms.

Moving right along, we come to the number of man, a carbon based life form. Carbon has 6 protons, 6 nutrons, and 6 electrons.

goldennumber.net...
Curiously enough, if you take the sine of 666º, you get -0.80901699, which is one-half of negative phi, or perhaps what one might call the "anti-phi."

The trigonometric relationship of sin 666º to phi is based on an isosceles triangle with a base of phi and sides of 1. When this triangle is enclosed in a circle with a radius of 1, we see that the lower line, which has an angle of 306º on the first rotation and 666º on the second rotation, has a sine equal to one-half negative phi.

In this we see the unity of phi divided into positive and negative, analogous perhaps to light and darkness or good and evil. Could this "sine" be a "sign" as well?

In addition, 666 degrees is 54 degrees short of the complete second circle and when dividing the 360 degrees of a circle by 54 degrees you get 6.66... The other side of a 54 degree angle in a right angle is 36 degrees and 36 divided by 54 is .666.

[edit on 2/13/2007 by ViolatoR]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
violatoR

Your post reminds me of why I wish I was good at math. It is a language to describe things like no other language can and some of us (me) will be left at the starting gate.

It seems that I could really grasp your post I would be a genius.

Good Work, thanks for sharing................

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
VoilatoR -

I've always felt that humans see beauty and perfection in the Golden Ratio because it's wired in our DNA to do so...All of nature, including human DNA and the largest structures in deep space all come from a common "ancestral event" and obey common physical laws, thus it is inevitable to find connections such as you described eveywhere.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Yeah it's definetly some interesting stuff. You guys should see the movie "Pi" by Darren Aronofsky. In it, the main character is trying to find a pattern in the stock market. He feels that we are made of spirals (Golden Spiral), living in a giant spiral, so everything we put our hands to is imbued with spirals, like the stock market. He starts to get a little obsessed with it. Which reminds me of the Jim Carrey movie coming out - "23" which also looks good.

Anyways this website has alot of Golden ratio and Fibonacci number patters including ones in nature. But you have to really like math and patterns to enjoy this site!

I'm glad that I am not good at math or else I think I would be obsessed with stuff like this.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demetre
Okay, I found some of My notes, which in itself is a miracle, as I'm super unorganized. The Mayan Prophecy goes like this- 2012 is the 'Age of Transformation'. In 2012 (12/21/2012) the winter solstice sun will rise to conjunct with the intersection of the Milky Way & the plane of the eliptic, opening a channel or a sacred doorway for 'cosmic energy'-raising Our vibration into 'enlightenment'. The process of the alignment is called the 'Precession of the Equinox' & is a very real event only occuring once every 26,000 yrs & can be easily looked up. 26,000 yrs. Crazy huh? Will Our enlightenment happen? Eh...who knows? I think that if there was ever a time that the P of the E could be it. I mean, the whole universe is supposed to open Herself up. How often does that happen(every 26,000 yrs!!!
) Either way, We will be witness to a very rare event. How lucky. As far as being enlightened, well, that's in My other notes. I think it's supposed to be a mass enlightenment, but I'll check on that.

I think that the double helix in the center of the Milky Way, the Mayans Sacred Tree, might be more than a coincidence.

Im intrested to know more.....please by all means keep going...i would love to hear more...

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This only proves that the double helix shape is something that can occur in nature.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Keeping the Spirals in Topic:

en.wikipedia.org...

Fibonacci Spiral:

Fibonacci Number:
That is, after two starting values,each number is the sum of the two preceding numbers.

0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987.....

Fibonacci numbers also appear in the description of the reproduction of a population of idealized bees, according to the following rules:

* If an egg is laid by an unmated female, it hatches a male.
* If, however, an egg was fertilized by a male, it hatches a female.

Thus, a male bee will always have one parent, and a female bee will have two.

If one traces the ancestry of this male bee (1 bee), he has 1 female parent (1 bee). This female had 2 parents, a male and a female (2 bees). The female had two parents, a male and a female, and the male had one female (3 bees). Those two females each had two parents, and the male had one (5 bees). If one continues this sequence, it gives a perfectly accurate depiction of the Fibonacci sequence.

Sunflower head displaying florets in spirals of 34 and 55 around the outside:

Can fibonacci be used to predict the Stock market?
ermanometry.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Fibonacci Numbers in Nature

The Fibonacci numbers are Nature's numbering system. They appear everywhere in Nature, from the leaf arrangement in plants, to the pattern of the florets of a flower, the bracts of a pinecone, or the scales of a pineapple. The Fibonacci numbers are therefore applicable to the growth of every living thing, including a single cell, a grain of wheat, a hive of bees, and even all of mankind.

0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987.....

One-petalled ...

Two-petalled:

Three petals:

www.world-mysteries.com...

Five petals

8...13....21 petals in a flowers....(yes they do exist)

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Human Hand:

Every human has two hands, each one of these has five fingers, each finger has three parts which are separated by two knuckles. All of these numbers fit into the sequence. However keep in mind, this could simply be coincidence.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Here's a page with some examples of Phi in architecture and art.

britton.disted.camosun.bc.ca...

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
ConfederacyOfUnity,
Oooh, sorry. I'm not ignoring You. I did find the rest of My notes and will post them later today. If you'd like to get the info. sooner just look up 2012 and the Precession of the Equinox. Now remember,the Precession of the Equinox is a true occurance but the Mayan Prophecy necessarily is not, or maybe it is. In addition to the precession look up the Schumann Resonance, it too ties in with this. It's not super deep 'cuz I can read it and understand it easily. Like I said- I will post everything I have this p.m.

Peace. K*

EDIT* by Me to add 'ConfederacyOfUnity'

[edit on 2/18/07 by Demetre]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join