It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Past lives-reincarnation EXPLAINED!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Most people who say theyhave had many lives will tell you of some person who was well known/thought of/or just a good person. Well i think i have an explination. But first why does no one ever say i was an alien?....or a murder..or a bum?
The bum i can explain, it all comes down to physics. Now i don't have a PhD but i know that energy can't be destroyed, it just turns into a lesser form of energy. the human body is full of energy and when you die this energy is scattered to the four corners of the cosmos. When you are reborn this energy gathers and becomes you.
Now given that info, a person will not remember being a bum as their energy is weak and will be cancelled out by the other, stronger, energies. The more dominant energy will always come forward and as you change and grow this energy changes therefore your past lives will differ from day to day.
With all that information we can look at multiple personalities. These people suffer from a massive energy surge of dominant energies, each vieing for power and each gaining that power at different times.
This explains why people sometimes have the feeling "i don't belong here" and why each person is always different, even if you were to clone a person these differences in energy would never be recreated.......thoughts anyone?

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Another explanation, and one that i whole-heartedly agree with, is a condition known as cryptamnesia in which the memory centers of our subconscious will regurgitate information or memories of things we have seen, read or heard and forgotten about, and interject them into our waking conscious mistakenly as "our" memories it's a very fascinating phenomenon.....

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This could also explain the soul. The soul, I believe, is in fact our 'aura' that surrounds us. This 'aura', could be the energy you talk about. Since the soul is never destroyed, it would make sense that it would eventually find itself again. Cool theory, not too far fetched.

-wD

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nemesite

With all that information we can look at multiple personalities. These people suffer from a massive energy surge of dominant energies, each vieing for power and each gaining that power at different times.
This explains why people sometimes have the feeling "i don't belong here" and why each person is always different, even if you were to clone a person these differences in energy would never be recreated.......thoughts anyone?

I read a book about Kahuna, the Hawain religion and there was a girl who went to sleep in front of the fire while her mother was reading her a story. Then the girl woke up with a completely different perwsonality, and lived as a new girl for a year. Then on the same day the next year she fell asleep in front of the fire and awoke saying, "Mother, why didn't you finish the story."

The original personality had been put in suspended animation for exactly a year and wasn't aware of another personality at all.

Hypnotists put the girl in a trance and ordered the second personality to leave the girl. Suddenly the girl went dead and a powerful voice spoke through her mouth saying that if the men didn't leave the girl alone then it would take the two girls elsewhere and leave the dead body behind.

The men spoke to the being and it had such wisdom that they all realized they were speaking to God itself. The being said that the two girls were learning about life by taking turns in the body.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Why not the possibility of living in all time frames at once? I am consciously aware of living in both the "here and now" as well as also coexisting in another plane.

It isn't as far-fetched as it may sound.

Taking examples, the idea of your conscious, that little voice that guides you in trouble or need. Or dreams that seem more than dreams. Heck, even talking to yourself!

Back to coexisting in different times. Since time doesn't exist (being merely a concept created by man), and time being relative, could not our minds cross this non-existant barrier? Think of the 1980's movie "Somewhere in Time" starring Christopher Reeve, when he was able to reach the past with his mind, and exist there.

The problem with reincarnation is the fact that there are more people alive today then in history. Granted, not in total history, but for sake of arguement, I hope you understand. IF souls are recycled, eventually, there will be no more reincarnations, for there will be too many people.

Which might then raise the whole "soul mate" concept. If a soul can be split, and exist in two people at the same time, why cannot a soul be seperated by time? This way, you can exist in two (or more) time frames, AND still have the reincarnation.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
The problem with reincarnation is the fact that there are more people alive today then in history. Granted, not in total history, but for sake of arguement, I hope you understand. IF souls are recycled, eventually, there will be no more reincarnations, for there will be too many people.

Which might then raise the whole "soul mate" concept. If a soul can be split, and exist in two people at the same time, why cannot a soul be seperated by time? This way, you can exist in two (or more) time frames, AND still have the reincarnation.

I think I understand where you're headed with this, but I can't really say I agree with the whole time theory. It is interesting and may bear looking into however.

As for splitting souls, I believe that some people have genuinely not been here before. New souls, as I understand it, could be an amalgamation of the combination of multiple fragmented essences. These new souls could have a very conflicted sense of their past, with bits of those fragments' previous personas sporadically coming to the forefront.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Many good comments, interesting to read. Here is some information from cassiopaea.org that may be of interest to some of you on this subject;

This passage deals with the subject of walk-ins also,

A: Strangers among us refers to the phenomenon identified by Ruth Montgomery as "Walk-Ins."
Q: (L) But, you have said in previous sessions that this rarely occurs.
A: Rare is relative.
Q: (SV) Ruth Montgomery also said that sometimes walk-ins don't realize who or what they are.
A: Rare also may be transitory in nature.
Q: (J) You mean walk in and walk back out again?
A: No. Frequency is not necessarily static according to the time line, as you measure time.
Q: (T) I have not done a lot of research on walk-ins, what is the definition of a walk-in?
A: A walk-in, as described by Ruth Montgomery, is a soul that has chosen to take over the body that was vacated by another soul that has chosen, at some
level of awareness, to depart for varying reasons. In this way, a higher level entity can enter into the body that was previously occupied by a different level
entity, in the form of a soul, that is to say.
Q: (T) A fourth level soul can then enter the body of a third level?
A: Or perhaps a fourth level soul... remember, as we have described to you before, levels one through four, more appropriately density levels one through four,
all involve short wave cycle recycling, or, as you refer to it, reincarnation. Because, each and every one of these density levels has a soul and a physical body
marriage, as it were, in progressive life experiences. Each and every one of these density levels involves movement to the fifth level of density for contemplation
during the cycling process. It is level six, which is the first level where short wave cycle recycling is no longer necessary because there is no more physical
orientation. Therefore, all levels, one through four have a soul reflection of the physical body at all times when in physical state. And, therefore, reincarnation of
various types, is at various points on the short wave cycle always possible, and, in fact, quite probable. Do you understand?
Q: (T) Somewhat. That's a lot to digest. (J) So, physicality is involved in levels one through four short wave recycling. (L) So, this means that a fourth density
being can recycle through fifth density into a third density body?
A: That is one method that can be used, yes.
Q: (L) Can it also be that they can come directly from fourth density into a third density body, just as one of the options?
A: Yes.
Q: (T) As a walk in. (L) And either could be considered a walk in?
A: That is correct.
Q: (T) I'm going off on a tangent on what we have been discussing here... what happens to the soul that's in the body that the walk in takes over? Where does
that go?
A: Most likely to the fifth level for recycling and contemplation.
Q: (T) And then returns?
A: Returns, yes.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Very good theories indeed. I believe that reincarnation is real, and that we all have a potential to remember our past lives.

The Neo, I love seeing people quote casseopia. That is one hell of a site.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 05:39 AM
link   
: A walk-in, as described by Ruth Montgomery, is a soul that has chosen to take over the body that was vacated by another soul that has chosen, at some
level of awareness, to depart for varying reasons. In this way, a higher level entity can enter into the body that was previously occupied by a different level
entity, in the form of a soul,

If I understand that theory correctly that means that a person up in the years might assume a young mans body and continue on?

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Does anyone have validated information on those that regress to speaking dead tongues, or can suddenly speak French (for example) under hypnosis?

I think that refutes that it is ALL just cryptamnesia.

Also I've read many theories relating Walk-ins, schizophrenia, depression and being 'touched' by the Holy Ghost.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
None of the past lives I am aware of, are famous. Sorry to burst your bubble...

They include:

An Assyrian farmer-killed by a raider
An Alchemist/Knight-killed in castle attack
A female psyche-ward prisoner-unsure of method of death, but remember heat
A black Army grunt in Korea-killed by either grenade or mine (remember the shrapnel)

had some inklings of others, but not as clear as the above ones.

Yes, there are some rather interesting cases of those regressing, knowing exacting details, other languages, etc. and that are documented. (as well as those done without hypnosis).

[Edited on 24-12-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
when I was young my mother was talking to a stranger in a park who claimed to be able to tell people of their past lives. I was over in the playground with my father while she and the lady talked, she asked the woman about my father and I, and she told my mother we were both soldiers in the civil war on opposing sides, she claimed we were both killed in the same battle. Myself from a gunshot wound to my right abdomen and pointed to the spot on her own stomach, my mother was in shock. My father was shot in the chest, and again she pointed to the exact location of the wound on herself. My mother called both my father and myself over and had us lift our shirts, we both have birthmarks in the EXACT locations the woman claimed we had been shot!!!

still baffles me to this day...

[Edited on 12-24-2003 by exdog]

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Never had any type of dreams that point me to experiences that may indicate I once had a past life.
Anyone willing to help me on this?

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
while i agree that past lives and reincarnation filters into my cosmology personally i think that the vast majority of memories of past lives are merely cases of cryptamnesia

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst
Never had any type of dreams that point me to experiences that may indicate I once had a past life.
Anyone willing to help me on this?

I'd like to know the same. How do you find out if you've had a past life? Do you need to be hypnotized?

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
: A walk-in, as described by Ruth Montgomery, is a soul that has chosen to take over the body that was vacated by another soul that has chosen, at some
entity, in the form of a soul,

If I understand that theory correctly that means that a person up in the years might assume a young mans body and continue on?

Not quite correct. A person living in 3rd level density cannot be a walk in, only a walk out. Beings already in a body cannot take on another one.

new topics

top topics

join