It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Sighting Over North Carolina (With Picture)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Continuing this year's large amount of sightings across the world, especially in the United States. Another sighting with a decent, by most standards, picture.

The National Weather Service said it has seen nothing out of the ordinary on its radar, and the Appalachian State University Observatory said it was probably a bolide -- a fireball-like meteor that frequently enters the earth's atmosphere but is rarely seen.

www.wxii12.com...

Doesn't look to much like a meteor to me.

[edit on 8-2-2007 by Jack_Deth]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Is this the same one that was reported a couple of weeks ago over / near Huntersville? The picture looks the same to me.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I saw this story this morning also and was going to post it. It really is beginning to be the 'sighting of the day' around the world; primarily the US(or so it seems).

That pic does not really look like a type of fireball meteor that the observatory was noting. In fact, its not really a bad picture for a spur of the moment catch by the fellow.

I just can't seem to get Dark Knight's 'prophecy' out of my mind....

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by uplander
The picture looks the same to me.

You're right about the picture, it looks vaguely familiar. However, this is supposedly a different report.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
i read the 'new' article,
with a critical eye & and intending to 'dissect' the report like a lawyer might.

the report did not claim that the image shown was the cell-phone pic taken by the Kernersville resident.

I suspect the colorful blob is a 'stock-photo', which was accompanied last weeks sighting report from around Charlotte/Gastonia NC...with someone from Shelby also witnessing the blob of light.
[the image was clearly labled: related to story]

imho, "They're" keeping the ball rolling & interest, circulation up!
nothing untruthful or even unethical, & its not even misleading...

it's up to us to read carefully what's presented & not create linkages,
again it's deny ignorance

[edit on 8-2-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I saw this article this morning too. I'm a huge UFO skeptic but something is up and requires an explaination. I'm not saying yet that these lights are alien in nature but it's all too coincidental. I think the reports around the world are to hard to ignore anymore and I think its time that we get an official investigation and some official answers to what these are.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
There is a discussion about this photo and the incident on this thread.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
There are 2 videos as well, the second video is the about one about the main photo, that ones not a cell phone photo. I'd love to go over the hi res version of that photo and see if it looks real, if it is thats a dam good photo.

The first video has the story about the new sighting, i think the photo from the cell phone looks a bit like the 1997 phoenix lights

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic
There is a discussion about this photo and the incident on this thread.

sir,
your thread was based on:

'What Was That? Strange Lights in Upstate Skies' Greenville SC
~posted 6:30 AM EST, January 25, 2007~

'911 callers report lights in sky' Charlotte NC
~posted..................., January 25, 2007~

this latest sighting is based on another sighting & ensuing report/article
'Strange Sighting in Triad Skies'
~posted 3:29 PM EST, February 7, 2007~

the main contention here seems to be the 'stock photo' that was released with the 25 January 2007 sighting.

this photo was used again in connection with the February 7, 2007 report, but accurately labeled as [ related to story ]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The original story and photo first appeared on the Charlotte Observer website on January 25. It was part of the UFO flap over North Carolina on January 24, which was identified by astronomers as a fireball (or "bolide").

Winston-Salem television station WXII has borrowed the photo and parts of the Charlotte, NC story to increase their viewership in Winston-Salem, NC. In short, WXII is recycling the story and trying to make it local to Winston-Salem, North Carolina. They need the business, apparently.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/8/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
i read the 'new' article, with a critical eye & and intending to 'dissect' the report like a lawyer might. the report did not claim that the image shown was the cell-phone pic taken by the Kernersville resident. I suspect the colorful blob is a 'stock-photo', which was accompanied last weeks sighting report from around Charlotte/Gastonia NC...with someone from Shelby also witnessing the blob of light. [the image was clearly labled: related to story] imho, "They're" keeping the ball rolling & interest, circulation up! nothing untruthful or even unethical, & its not even misleading...

If you apply your legal-eagle eye to the WXII story, you'll see that the story uses a direct quote from the CNN interview with Charles Miller, the guy who took the blue blob photo in Charlotte, NC, but WXII specifically attributes the quote in this way: "he told Ducouer" (Nicole Ducouer, television reporter for WXII in Winston-Salem, NC).

Charles Miller didn't talk or otherwise communicate with WXII or Nicole Ducouer, he only granted an interview with CNN (a clip of which is also featured on the WXII site). The photograph, of course, is out there, so anybody can use it however they wish, but WXII is straight up hoaxing when they claim their reporter conducted an interview with the guy who took the blue blob photo.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Man, North Carolina is so close to here. I somehow need to take my carcus outside and look at the skies. My video camera has been sold, just in time for a bunch of sitings.

Troy

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
That is no bolide. It's missing one key item.

A tail!

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
'Nuther little update here.

Television station WXII in Winston-Salem, NC, who is running a UFO news story that was picked up by Drudge, is now "adjusting" its story.

WXII is a CNN affiliate and, as such, is authorized to utilize CNN news content on a local level, inasmuch as it applies. That's how WXII is using the CNN clip from the Anderson Cooper 360 interview with Charles Miller (photographer of the blue blob UFO in North Carolina on January 24, 2007).

HOWEVER... WXII decided to appropriate a little too much credit for the story, suggesting that WXII reporter Nicole Ducouer personally interviewed Charles Miller. This part of the WXII story was fabricated, and both CNN and the Drudge Report have kicked WXII in the nuts for a sloppy job.

WXII is now "correcting" its story, according to WXII News Director Barry Klaus.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
You guys need to stop trusting television for these sorts of things and actually go outside and see it for your selves insted.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Landis
That is no bolide. It's missing one key item. A tail!

Yup. As has been discussed in the "Anderson Cooper" thread, there were discrepancies in the Charlotte, NC reports that led me to think that there were actually two separate sightings in the Charlotte area on the night of January 24. There were multiple 911 reports of the huge blue-green object with a long tail (which was East-bound and disintegrated after a good 15-second appearance); and there was the huge blue-white object (no tail) that was photographed heading North or Northwest for some 45 seconds.

CNN featured accounts of both, but never asked the obvious question: Was it going East or going North? If it was going one direction for a while, then another direction for a while, then we have an object that was changing directions by 90° and losing its long, fiery tail somewhere along the way.

Or... It's two objects traveling in different directions, one with a tail, the other without.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ok, I'm no expert, but the "fireball" in question looks huge according to the picture. Wouldn't something like this cause a huge crater or something? I suppose it could burn up before it hits the ground, but it looks so low to the ground and is rather large looking. Could be the angle though - like I said, I'm certainly no expert - just making an observation.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If you're talking about the Charlotte, NC blue-green lights, the astronomer who pronounced it a "bolide" also said that you're looking at something about 30 miles up in the sky... Like, well over 150,000 feet altitude. So, yeah, it's big, but it's also waaay up there. Unless, of course, it's not that high. If it's only about 10,000 feet, it could be the size of a jet plane. No way to really tell.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Txhunter67

I just can't seem to get Dark Knight's 'prophecy' out of my mind....

Could you post the link for the prophecy. I cant find it. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join