It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.E. USA prepares for Tsunamis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
CBS News

Along the South East part of the United States, a few towns are getting serious about tsunami preparedness. Nine towns in all. That isn't many, but it's a start. Included in these towns is Myrtle Beach, which is a large tourist beach.

That whole area of the country is so flat. For miles and miles inland it is flat. I don't know how they can evacuate mass numbers of people to higher ground within the short warning time. There really isn't higher ground to be found.

We (outside of philly) aren't in this article, but about 6 months ago we got new giant evacuation route signs put up all around the city. I guess they must be due to nuclear plants (or terrorism concerns).

Anyways, I thought you all would find this interesting.

CBS News

L3X

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This is just for prevention or they know what we don't know (it wouldn't be a news in anycase..)

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by L3X
......they know what we don't know

That's what I wonder about.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This seems to be a very good Idea. As I recall there was some mention after what took place last year they started to install several bouys in the Carribbean and up the east coast, just how far I am not sure. I also recall they made mention of some plates in the Azores that are belived to be long over due for a shift.

Here I looked up some info on it

Caribbean to Get Tsunami Warning System as Scientists Fret

[edit on 2/7/2007 by shots]

top topics

join