It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celsias: The Carbon Credit Movement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
First of all, I want to say that it's good to be back here at ATS. Now that the college admissions process is wrapping up, I'll have more time to help save the world.

Recently, I've come across an interesting site that centers around fixing global warming. Its called Celsias, and though still not released, it appears to be feature a novel idea that rewards environmental conservation.

Celsias

The program works by studying your habits and measuring your carbon footprint. You earn credits based on how friendly you live, and you can trade them with any other Celsias member. That currency is good for any host of things. Think of it almost like a green ebay. Its currently wrapping up testing, and a full release should be coming soon.

The site also keeps a monsterous blog that encompasses everything you need to know about the ongoing struggle over global warming. The blog itself is extremely impressive and informative, hopefully signalling good things to come.

So forgive me for promoting an off-site program, but I have thought about it and I believe it deserves the attention. It encourages people to live responsibly and respect the growing problem of climate change, not to mention keeping us informed with news from every spectrum imaginable. And no, I am not affiliated in any way with the website, just an eager kid trying to spread a good message.

So if you got the inspiration, check it out and let me know what you think. If enough people climb on board, it could make a difference one day.

Thanks for understanding,

TJ11240

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It is innovations like these that we need to help people along and be educated on how to be less wasteful.

Thanks for the link.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Thanks for your support. I would like everyone here at ATS to register with Celsias. They'll be sending out information when it comes online.

In the meantime, I strongly suggest everyone reads the blog. It looks at Global Warming from all the angles, and does a nice job of bringing together thousands of sources.

New Zealand-based global warming blog, www.celsias.com/blog, has zoomed from obscurity to the top 0.1% of worldwide blogs, according to the blog-ranking organization, Technorati. And it has done it in less than eight weeks.

www.celsias.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Technorati

The site averages 3 or 4 substantial blogs per day, so you'll always have something new to keep you interested.
Recently, they were discussing the debate about local farming versus 3rd world country farming.

So check it out, and lets hear what you think.
celsias.com...

Thanks,
TJ11240

join