It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Growth Booster"...gimmick or science? Can I actually grow taller?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I know it sounds foolish and conformist--but I would really love to be taller, and I'm not patient enough to wait for the off-chance that I might grow (I'm 18--if you think I'm going to grow a few more inches, please, let me know).

But anyway, I Googled height and growth stimulation and was directed to a site (www.growtall.com...) which offers supplements which apparently stimulate the pituitary and thyroid glands to increase the growth of bones. This is really enticing to me--but also puts up some red flags--is this even possible?

I've heard of growth hormone injections, but those are too expensive, and this seems like a possible alternative.

Please don't respond to this unless you either know a good amount about the subject or research it properly.

[edit on 5-2-2007 by iceofspades]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
If it doesn't say that its been evaluated by the FDA, then your default should be that its fraud. Thats not allways going to work, but its definitly a good rule of thumb for the pills and products out there. Lots of them will tell you why their product is so great, and then have a disclaimer that says 'this product is not intended to treat or cure any condition'.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Assuming that your plates haven't closed, you could use growth hormone to get taller, or perhaps a supplement that significantly increases growth hormone. The product you linked to isn't one that does this however, you would get the same (well, better) health results from a multivitamin and protein powder as that stuff they are selling, but it won't make you taller. Growth hormone is very expensive, and the few legal supplements that significantly boost growth hormone are also not very cheap.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
you can grow taller if you're growth plates haven't closed up yet (under 18 years old). Otherwise its a no-go. HGH is used to lose fat, increase eyesight acuity, and decrease recovery time...the downside is that its $$$$ costing about $100-200 per dose, coming to about $2000+ per month of use.

I wouldnt suggest it...get those weird shoe inserts that old people have instead

top topics

join