It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help needed : identify a display

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

that is the image , from that : can the aircraft it is fitted to be deduced ?

no other usefull information is availiable , sorry

i realise it is a long shot , but as different manufacturers and models display slightly different data - and different layouts - i am hoping that the A/C that this was fitted to can be identified

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Ape, I am going to take a shot at an A10.
Few reasons, but really a lack of more icons for one, you can also see the system is slaved to the right, which indicates a more simple radar system which I think the A10 now has. There is no mach indicator or airspeed indicator noted nor a closing velocity indicator that is on most current fighters.
I am under the assumtion that the aircraft is either US or British due to its english language in the HUD!!???
Maybe an A6 or even an S3??

Anyway, just a deduced guess so far really, awaiting other replies as you are no doubt.

Peace, Mondo

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
My apologies on the cursory look at first and thinking it was a less technical aircraft.
What we are looking at is no doubt a DDI(digital display indicator) and not a HUD.
From this information is is quite hard to ascertain for sure unless you have been in this aircraft in the particular mode that it is in.

Sorry for the repost, thought it neede to be done though....Mondo

Ape??? by the way is this from your cache or from a fighter intercept fraud that rolled the internet regarding a UFO??

[edit on 7-2-2007 by Mondogiwa]

join