It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Power of Nightmares" - The rise of islamic terrorism and neoconservatism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
First of all, appolagies if this has been posted before. It just recently started airing here, and thought it was an exceptional series exploring the link between neoconservatism and the rise of islamic terrorism. Im not sure when, but it aired on BBC.

In the past our politicians offered us dreams of a better world. Now they promise to protect us from nightmares.

The most frightening of these is the threat of an international terror network. But just as the dreams were not true, neither are these nightmares.

It starts by looking at two men who both beleived western liberalism had failed. One would become the founding father of Neoconservatism, the other of the Muslim Brotherhood.

What do these two ideologies share in common?

Part I - "Baby its Cold Outside"

Google Video Link

Part II - "The Phantom Victory"

Google Video Link

Part II - "The Shadows in the Cave"

Google Video Link

A really informative documentary in my opinion. Many of the people, groups etc mentioned such as the "Muslium Brotherhood", "Team B" and more I have read or heard about before, but it ties them all together in a very neat package and timeline.

After you have seen Part I, perhaps some people might be able to comment on the conclusion that I drew from watching it. Would the cold war have ended nearly two decades earlier than it did, if it was not for the efforts of Team B and other neoconservatives?

Edited a few times to get the right Google Video codes -- at least now i get how that works.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by colourinthemeaning]

join