It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chess tournament(not sponsered by ATS/BTS)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I am going to set up a chess tournament. This is not sponsored by ATS or BTS so do not go asking any of the forum staff about this tournament. We will be using yahoo chess since it is easy to use and free.

Requierments to be in the tournamnet.

1) must be a member of ATS or BTS!!!

2) must have or create a yahoo user name

3) must know how to play chess

Any one who wants to be in the tournament should u2u me. You must give me your yahoo screen name in the u2u!!!

I am looking for people to help watch the games. I can not possibly watch all the games that are played. If you want to help me with this job also send me a u2u. Sorry but you can not be in the tournament and help me with this job. The people that watch the games will be kind of like the judge. They will make sure all the rules are followed and at the end of each game u2u me the results of the game.

Here are the rules. Each game will have a time limit of 30 minutes. There is no requesting to undo your move. If you request an undo you will be disqualified, unless you accidently clicked the request to undo button. It is up to the person watching your game if it was done on purpose or if it was an accident. What the person watching the game says is final. It will be singal elimination untill we get down to two people.

The game with the final 2 playing will be a little different. This game will have a 1 hour time limit. The other rules are the same.

Who you play in the first round will be choosen at random. When you send me a u2u do not tell me your skill.

I hope people like this idea.

This is not sponsered by ATS or BTS!!!

[Edited on 16-12-2003 by ilovepizza]

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I forgot one thing. People who help me by watching some of the chess games will be kept private. I do not want people to know who they are. Since you will be using a yahoo username people will not know which ATS member you are.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I know people want to sign up for this!!! Please I only have one person signed up and need more!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I love chess. But, I don't think that I would have the time to play. How long is it going to last for and what time will it take place?

JeanLuc

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I am going to make my username be JeanLucPicard if it is availble. Why don't you just have someone write an ATS chat program?

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I guess i will be playing since only 3 people have signed up. I am looking for 4 more people. I just need 4 more people!!!

new topics

top topics

join