It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigarette fact.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
FACT:
A pack of ciagarettes really costs around $1, but they are sold for more due to compensation for people affected by smoking in hospitals.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This "fact" is derived from... ?

Wondering,
Lex

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I wish they would charge $10 a pack. That way I wouldn't have to subsidize the healthcare of those who smoke.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
AHHH....yes, and let's not forget all those in the hospital with liver disease......
a six pack of beer should be sold for $40!!

oh, and those fatty treasures of treats.....let's see......add an additional $5 to each bag of chips!!

and while we're at it.....heck, let's add another $20 to each gallon of gas, since the pollution for it is destroying the entire planet, whatcha say??

ya know what is happening to most of the money that is being gleaned from the cigarette tax, and lawsuits? because I highly doubt if any of it is really making it to anything that is cigarette related...but well, while all those neat technological treasures that are making you life easier continues to bring disaster onto the planet, continue on with your scapegoating....of course it's the cigarettes, of course it's the eating habits!! of course it's the alchohol!!
scapegoating at it's finest!

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
I wish they would charge $10 a pack. That way I wouldn't have to subsidize the healthcare of those who smoke.

With all the respect of this board and of the members I've got to say this.
Is the worst coment I ever read. As one other member said, let's charge 20 $ for a big mac, 30 $ for a taco bell, 40 $ for a case of beers... What a heck????
Isn't enough the law that bannes smoking in public areas? Isn't enough that smokers are being dsicriminated so heavily everywhere?
Instead of charging 10 $ for a pac (which in Canada they already almost do - I pay 9.75$ for a Du Marie) why don't they stop selling the smoke if they really care about peoples health? They don't and they wont coz there is big bucks in the smoke and they know that.

Gee what a hypocrisy

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
i heard a comedian talkin anout somethin like this, he was like why dont we charge $6,000 a bullet so nobody would really be able to get their hands on bullets, btw i think there is a law against chargin stuff that high sorry to be a killjoy

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
AHHH....yes, and let's not forget all those in the hospital with liver disease......
a six pack of beer should be sold for $40!!

oh, and those fatty treasures of treats.....let's see......add an additional $5 to each bag of chips!!

and while we're at it.....heck, let's add another $20 to each gallon of gas, since the pollution for it is destroying the entire planet, whatcha say??

ya know what is happening to most of the money that is being gleaned from the cigarette tax, and lawsuits? because I highly doubt if any of it is really making it to anything that is cigarette related.

A WATS to you dawnstar.

You have voted dawnstar for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Forget about raising prices,cigerettes should be banned from sale full stop,because most smokers would like to give up,but dont have the will to do so.I cant see it happening though Goverments see profit in it and when they dont,then they raise the prices.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by gps777]

new topics

top topics

join