It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

recent SETI@home thought...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
the other day i thought of the possibility that the SETI@home program was not used for evaluating signals, but something worse. it could be highly encrypted data of any sort. what caused this is as follows: the gray-conspiracy says that aliens are and have been among the human race. and it may be possible that high-level world figures are in contact with them. so why waste computer time looking for them? unless it's a totally independent project. but it could probably easily be sinister distributed computing.

hehe - just a thought.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Isn't the project more or less open source? If it was being used for something other than evaluating signals I'm sure someone would've found out about it by now.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I think the ETs almost never use radio. Therefore, I think SETI, in general, is a waste of resources that would be better spent researching and getting the word out about the contacts that we already know about, such as the Roswell Incident.
But I think OP was right and that SETI helps perpetuate the myth that contact has not been made.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I think the ETs almost never use radio

oh really? how many ETs have you met and what do they use to communicate?

I think SETI, in general, is a waste of resources that would be better spent researching and getting the word out about the contacts that we already know about, such as the Roswell Incident.

Getting the word out? like steven greer? lol

Roswell was a project mogul balloon it was not an alien spacecraft. All serious roswell researches concluded that years ago. Welcome to 2007

[edit on 8-5-2007 by yeti101]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
do you think that it could really be that expensive or that much of a resource drain to run areceebo? who funds it anyway?

top topics

join